Wednesday, June 29, 2016

SUMMER!

HAPPY SUMMER!!!  The Libbys are so glad summer is here and we are enjoying the great weather and summer days.  Other than some testing, the kids finished school on June 3rd. Yes, the beauty of homeschooling is we can finish early.  I just feel that summer in New England is so short and I think that I, I mean that the kiddos should be able to suck up every moment of summer right until the last popsicle is dripped and the last splash is made.  So I really try to give them 3 months of summer.  They are still required to read and keep up on math facts and do 10 minutes of typing each day when we are home but that's pretty much it.  I just tell them I don't want their brains turning to mush over the summer!  =)
Right after we finished, there was a homeschool field day and all the kids had a blast and have already asked to go back next year!  We definitely will be.  It was so fun and so organized and they got to spend the day with so many of their friends.   

Caleb absolutely loves Tug-O-War and he was working real hard at it. 

 I am not sure what Josiah was running away from but he was going!


Jonas was very careful in is egg run.  Has the tongue out and everything to concentrate. 

The mummy wrap relay.  Josiah was very detailed in his task! 

Little Miss Hannah waiting in line for her turn.  Look at that smile! 

Hannah on the "chariot race".  Love her little head poking up! 

And here is mommy's field day...I LOVE strawberry picking for those yummy fresh strawberries!   So while the kids were at summer camp one day, off we went!

 We spent the day with Auntie Donna and cousin Mia picking strawberry picking, running some errands and then enjoying lunch together!  Such a sweet (no pun intended) sister-cousin day!

They looked thrilled, don't they!?!?  


And look who is already 2 months old!?!?  It is going so fast!

Kiah is smiling more and more each day and the kids love that she is getting to recognize their faces each morning when they come into to see her.  She is a very sweet, content and happy baby.  She is already sleeping through the night from about 9 to 5! I am sure she will go through her phases of waking during the night but right now, I will take the sleep!  Love her smile that has a dimple just like her siblings and her mama!

Hope you are all enjoying your summertime!!!

1 comment:

Morgan Gagnier said...

Just caught up on your blog, thanks so much for posting and sharing your heart!! The kids are getting so big, and Kiah is such a cutie!! We finished school around the same time, but the summer already feels like it is flying. What a beautiful family you have Sandra!