Friday, August 9, 2013

Pinch Me!

It doesn't feel real.  I am still in disbelief.  But it has happened and it is real.  It's official...I am home full-time with our kiddos!  I know you were probably waiting for a much larger announcement but in our world, it's a pretty big deal.  I have always worked part-time since we have had children.  I don't know what it's like to not work with kids at home.  But this week was my last week at Mount Hope and it was certainly filled with more emotion than I had anticipated. There was much excitement to take this new step but there were certainly tears shed.  I have been at Mount Hope for about 20 years other than a couple years in college...that's a long time! And it was a blessing to be a part of ministering to kids and families through my work.  I thank God for the opportunity to teach children about Jesus, to learn all have I learned through my job and for the provision for our family through it.

But God has placed us on a new journey and with that comes trust.  We are trusting Him for our provision but we know that this decision is good and it is right for our family.  I am more than excited to see how God uses this time of our loves as we trust Him and lean on Him.  

As we were in the process of making this rather big decision, someone showed me a clip from Indiana Jones Last Crusade (and they had to show me because I know NOTHING about those movies!) and it spoke to me so directly.  When we take that first step of faith, He is faithful to carry us through and reveal the next step.
Check out the clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_-BOvWVycM 

And recently on Twitter, I retweeted a quote by Mark Batterson:

"FAITH is taking the FIRST STEP before God reveals the SECOND STEP."

I couldn't agree more.  We may not always see the whole road in front of us but we just need to take that first step so that He can take us further to be a part of what He is wanting to accomplish in us and through us.  


2 comments:

Morgan Gagnier said...

Excited for you in this journey!! While I think of it, can we plan to see you in October? We will be in town for Kayleen's wedding, and maybe we can get dinner, or come and visit for a little. Will you be around the weekend of the 12th?

Sandra Libby said...

YES, YES MORGAN!!! How great!!!