Caleb enjoyed being big enough to sit on the bow of the boat this year.
Riding back from the beach one day ALL of the kids fell asleep across the back. And Jonas was asleep below deck too! They were wiped!
Jonas' first ride Oak Bluffs Carousel (out of utero anyway!).
The cousins on Martha's Vineyard eating ice cream.
There was LOTS of cousin fun! I just love the look on Isaac's face here.
So every year, my parents bless each of the their children with a gift card on their anniversary. In the past few years, they started giving us all the same gift card so we could enjoy it together. This year they got creative and thought ahead to get us one that we could use down the Cape. So all four couples went to the Flying Bridge one night for dinner. It's a great restaurant right on the water. After dinner, we hit the beach for frisbee. And yes, the gift card comes with baby-sitting from Nonna and Pappy!
The kids all got a chance to go tubing and loved it. I even got to take Jonas. He didn't want to get off!
Here is Josiah learning to swim. He wanted to take his swimmies off so he is working on it!
My little beach bum! It took him a little while but he eventually loved the water and sand.
We celebrated Auntie Lauren and Caleb's birthdays while we were there.
We took the kids to the Cape Cod Chip factory to see how they are made. They of course liked the free samples at the end. When we walked out the door, Bella said, "We didn't have to pay for them?" They already realize nothing in life is free, don't they! But hey, the tour was free!
And speaking of free, we took advantage of MA Fun Free Friday and went to the Cape Cod Children's Museum while we were there. Yes, i was crazy busy with kiddos but it was fun and the kids liked it.
The kids spend a lot of time in the "submarine" at the museum and Hannah was pretending to be a fish in front of the sub. It came out really funny!
By the end of the week, we dubbed Auntie Wendy the Activities Director. She was always doing some craft or project the kids. She even made the girls dresses while she was there...pics to come!
Jonas thoroughly entertained with the rocks under the deck. Who needs sand?!?! Hannah was the same way when we first started renting this house. Couldn't get her away from the rocks.
Dave and I tried our hand at kayaking. Honestly, it was okay. I would rather canoe. I didn't like being so close to the water and feeling rocky. Dave liked though because it was less work than canoeing. Glad I tried it but I won't be running out to buy a kayak anytime soon!
As you can see, a fun week. Next on the docket -- Dave and I have a date in Newport, RI overnight. I got him tickets to a comedy show for Christmas so Merry Christmas in July to us! We are dropping the kids back off down the Cape (my parents stayed for 2 weeks) and heading on our trip. So lots of unpacking and packing this week but fun is being had!
1 comment:
These pictures are fabulous!!!
Post a Comment