Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Botday!

Caleb turned 8 in July and had been planning a robot party for months.  It's fun when they get to the age where they can come up with ideas with you.  
It was a more difficult to find robot party ideas but with the collection of a lot of "junk" from friends and family (it's these times when I am so glad my dad saves the craziest things!), we had a fun party!  Dave certainly got into this one as you can see.
 The fun favors

 Auntie Lauren pulls through once again!  The kids favorite part were the legs made of donuts!  She is such a talented cake maker!

 Caleb was most excited about dressing up as a robot.  Though I had to help with the hot glue he was the designer!  I was impressed his creativity!

 Dave's creation...this robot as welcoming all the guests.

 And just to give you a little perspective here's Bella and Hannah.

 Mommy's robot creation.  I especially loved Dave's idea of using an old shower head as the mouth!

 My big 8 year old.  (I still can't believe we have an 8 year old!!!)

 Boys.  Creating Robot City and eating cake...what more could they ask for?!?!

 I think this game was a hit.  We pretended that this robot has seen its time and since it was no longer in use, we needed to "extract the extra parts"...sort of like a giant "Operation" game I guess except there was no buzzing!  What the kids didn't know is the robot was filled with "wires" (LOTS of shredded paper!).  Inside they found lots of candy within the wires.

 The result...sugared up boys, a headless robot and a MESSY living room...but nothing the vacuum couldn't handle.  Fun!

 We had all kinds of crazy things for the kids to create their own robots with.  They came out so great!  All different and creative.

I think this was one of my favorite parts.  After most of the guest had left, we found Caleb, Josiah and Isaac putting together all kinds of creations from the leftover parts.  I just loved how creative they got and now they have a bucket of these little buggers that they play with outside.  I love when stuff like this happens without any direction from an adult.  Fun, fun party!  

No comments: