Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vacation #2 - Part 3

We are now home from Camp of the Woods and it was sad to leave.  We had such a great time and were filled physically and spiritually all week long.  There was so much for the kids to do and they certainly didn't want to leave.  Here are some pictures from our last couple of days there.

Wednesday night we had a bonfire with friends which of course included s'mores! 

Dave and I got to go on a canoeing excursion on Thursday.  It was a 4 mile canoe trip that ended with dinner by the river.  It was by far one of my favorite dates.  We hired a baby-sitter at the camp to watch the older ones while our friend watched Jonas.  It was just such a nice quiet time together.   

This was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  We had to shimmy our way through this little area of rocks.  I just liked the look of it as we went through.   


 
Here we are on our swim break.  No lies, between ziplining on Wednesday, canoeing on Thursday and walking everywhere and anywhere all week long, by Friday morning I was a bit sore...not used to using my canoeing muscles!

Dave got some amazing scenic pictures each day.  This was one of my favorites.
Another scenic picture by daddy! 

Here are the 3 families from Mount Hope that went to COTW.  It was great to spend time together outside of the church walls and we were blessed by each other's company (the ladies even got to go to ladies craft night together!) and they kids LOVED seeing each other each day. 

Hopefully the first of MANY Camp of the Woods family pictures.   This was the coolest tree.  When we went to the museum, you saw many pictures in front of this tree.  Some were of people that went to the camp as kids (and the tree was big then!!!) and then they took the same picture in front of the tree as adults.  It would be neat to take our picture here each time we come.  

Josiah changed his date with me from foosball to the art store.  And I am really glad he did.  He wanted to make an army tank and it had to be sanded first.  It just opened up a great opportunity for us to talk about how sometimes we need to be sanded down so that God can smooth out the rough spots where we needed to better in our attitudes and actions.  Of course, this was in his terms but it was a great conversation and one that we have come back to since we have been home.  We now have a code word: "sandpaper".  

Josiah loves his army tank! 

Good-bye Camp of the Woods...until next time!

I am reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp right now so I couldn't help but think of our trip in terms of gifts so I thought I would share my list.

Gifts from Speculator, NY:
*Individual and quality time with each of my children.
*Sleeping during a thunderstorm (really, a gift anywhere I am)
*A wonderful, quiet and peaceful date with my husband.
*Being fed each day spiritually through worship music and His Word with no obligations to fulfill.  (I love my church but at times it is a blessing to sit and be filled)
*Watching our kids have fun on the beach without a care in the world.
*Sneaking in a late night ice cream cone with my hubby after the kids were fast asleep.
*Not having to do what "has" to be done (laundry, dishes, etc.) so I could do what "should" be done (time with my kids, time with my husband, spending time in the Word, reading).  



No comments: