Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Perspective

There are points in our life when we are given new perspective. Either because we have sought it out or simply because circumstances have crossed our path that we didn't ask for. This week I have truly been given a new perspective. My friend's husband passed away last week and I attended the funeral yesterday. It was a wonderful service and Mike was remembered well. As I watched Maria and Kaitlyn through much of the service I couldn't help but have a new perspective.
Last week Hannah had the stomach bug but it was just a stomach bug...not cancer ~ PERSPECTIVE

I am learning to communicate with my husband instead of holding a grudge ~ PERSPECTIVE

Yes, I have to work but I am blessed to have to only work 2 days of week ~ PERSPECTIVE

It's important to get excited over the little things and every accomplishment with my kids ~ PERSPECTIVE

Mike was remembered for saying thank to every nurse and doctor that took care of him; I need to be more grateful in this life for the big things as well as the little things ~ PERSPECTIVE

This has been a difficult and somber week to walk through. I can't imagine the feeling of losing your husband at just 33 years old. But seeing how Mike led his life and how he fought for his life for over 4 years has spoken volumes to me. And even more has been watching my friend Maria. She is an amazing woman, wife and mom. She is one of the most selfless people I know. She took care of her husband without one complaint. Even after his passing, I didn't hear one bitter word come from her mouth; not one word of anger. She just wanted what was best for Mike. And that I have been given a new perspective and have even a better understanding of short life is, I am going to be sure she knows how amazing she is and what a testimony she has been to my life.

Here is a picture of my perspective this week. Caleb and Hannah were yelling for us look outside. There they were...the 3 of them swinging on the swings...all by themselves. We tried to teach Josiah all summer how to pump his legs to he could swing by himself. Hannah even tried to teach him!! But to no avail...until now of course. Why not wait until January to learn??? From that you can tell we have had an extremely mild winter (and I'm loving it!). His siblings were so excited to see him do this and when that little boy came in, I was sure to make the biggest deal of his accomplishment...PERSPECTIVE.


1 comment: