And what does this picture have to do with my post? Well, we just love him like crazy!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Crazy...
I really enjoy the blogosphere world: family blogs, homeschooling blogs, mommy blogs, etc. Many of them that I read this time of year talk about a one word resolution. Instead of making a lengthy list of resolutions that will not be kept, a one word resolution is made instead. Some of the words I have seen are: patient, focus, simple, celebrate and the list goes on and on. However, I have yet to see "crazy". Yet that is my one word resolution for the year of 2012. No, I didn't choose that word because our house is a bit crazy these days with one more little one in the mix or because I feel a bit crazy with all that goes around me but I chose it because that is how I want to love this year...like crazy. I was recently listening to one of my favorite country songs "Love Like Crazy" and it dawned on me that I want to love like crazy. I want to love on people like crazy. I want to live a life that's a little radical in loving people. Sometimes we do things for people when we certainly don't have the time or we put our lives aside to help someone else through a situation. When we do these things, we often hear, "You are crazy!" "You don't have time for that!" But really, isn't that what Jesus did? Didn't he love people like crazy? Wasn't he always on his way somewhere else when he would stop to heal someone or take the time to minister to another? I want that to be my ambition this year...to love like crazy. I am not totally sure what that will mean or what it will always look like but I know God will open doors so that we can love people like crazy. Listen to this song and grab a hold of loving someone like crazy this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment