Yes, that's right, "toe sucker". Little Miss Hannah is a toe sucker...when they are right in front of her face that is. When she is the sling, she is sort of folded in half and sitting in like a pouch. (Yes, now I am a kangaroo!) It doesn't look comfortable at all but she loves it, doesn't make a peep and usually follows asleep as I am walking around with her. Last week, I had her in "pouch" and she was eating her toes but her socks were getting wet so I took them off and I just had to share this picture because it cracks me up. Everybody thought her feet were her hands! Maybe she likes this because this is how she was inside me for the last few weeks!
As for the boys, well they are busy being boys. This week for family night, we talked about the Easter story which Caleb has also been learning about in school. We have the Resurrection Eggs just like he has in his classroom so all week he has been opening them and telling us the story of Easter. It has been so neat to watch him tell the story with true understanding. Josiah has been absorbing it all too. Today, he was opening the eggs and when he gets to the 12th egg, he opens it up, spreads his arms out as wide as they will go and says as loud as he can "Jesus Alive!". Certainly the most precious moment in my day today.
We are having Easter at our house this year (we are hosting our first holiday since we now have the room in our new house!) and my mom thought it would be fun to bring the truck up so the kids could use it on Sunday. Well, Dave had to pick it up today and needless to say, the boys are in truck heaven and are zooming around our yard. Caleb really gets going and he likes to stop and load up the back just like daddy (don't worry, daddy doesn't load Josiah up in the back!). Josiah still can't reach the pedal so he is happy to be a passenger.
1 comment:
I am amazed how well Hannah likes the sling, I should look into it for the next one. Thanks for sharing about Caleb, sometimes I forget how much the kids can understand, and how much they enjoy learning about God too!
Post a Comment