Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trimming the Tree

"Christmas is all for the kids." That's what I always heard and before we had kids of our own, I still felt it was for big kids like us. And though the celebration of the birth of Christ is certainly for everyone, I am amazed at how much more fun I am having watch my kids enjoy the season than I did when it was Dave and I. Decorating the tree is probably my favorite thing about getting ready for Christmas and now getting to do that with the kids makes it even more special. Yes, it was chaotic decorating with 3 kids and not as organized as usual and it took triple the time it would take just Dave and I but HOW FUN! I loved watching Caleb's face as opened up each ornament and seeing who it was from or where it was from. And the lights...Dave and I would just put them on when it got dark outside but not now...the kids want them on as soon as they are up in the morning (of course, if you know my kids, sometimes it is still dark when they get up!). Caleb knows where all the switches are and will turn them on when he gets up. Here are just some pictures of the fun we have been having this week decorating. There are a few more to come because though it is small this year, the village is up...


The Libby family picking out their Christmas tree.


Hannah really enjoyed it...she slept the whole time!


Caleb has really been into using his scissors lately. He loves it when we let him cut tags off of things so he was THRILLED when he got to cut the tree netting off to open up the tree!


Here is Hannah decorating the tree for the first time.


Caleb really enjoyed finding all his ornaments and finding spots on the tree for them. He got into this so much this year. I have a feeling it had to do with the fact that when the tree was all decorated, the train could be put around the bottom of the tree...he is ALL BOY!


Josiah was more into tearing everything down...typical toddler, right????


Dave was bouncing Josiah on his leg and his face was just priceless!!!



Josiah uses everything as bells and walks around the house singing "Jingle Bells". He found a toy that lit up over my cousin's house and just walked around singing. When Dave's parents were here, he took Gracie's dog tags and started banging them together and singing. He cracks us up!



4 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Great pictures!

Morgan Gagnier said...

good job capturing the holiday memories. It is fun to watch the kids get all excited.

Marci Goodwin said...

I love the "Jingle Bells" video. Last year, Dane picked up on the "all the way" part and for 6 months everything he said was followed up by "all the way!" I wonder how long Josiah will be singing "Jingle Bells"?

Mary Thorson said...

I too enjoy Christmas so much more now that we get to enjoy it with our kids. and oohhh, I can almost smell your tree!