This week has more Christmas fun. Caleb had his performance at school. We could see him better and he sang a bit more but he certainly didn't look like he was enjoying himself. He was picking at his costume most of the time. Once in awhile he would look up, give us a quick grin and put his head back down again. Before the show I had asked what his costume was and he told me he was a sheperd. Come to find out he was actually a king in the show as you can see. When I told him I thought he was a good looking king, he said "Sorry". I asked why he was saying sorry and he said, "Sorry, I was supposed to be a sheperd. I didn't want to be a king." Ahhh...hence, the picking at the costume. Now it all made sense. I told him he did a great job and he was a good looking king. Though he didn't sing a lot in the show, we have been enjoying the songs around the house. Even Josiah knows most of the songs! Here are some pictures of the show, some random pictures Dave and I took of our village this year and a couple of videos. Hannah has started a lot so I took an early morning video of her. It's rare that the boys sleep in so I took advantage and had some quiet time with her. Hope you are all having a great week and enjoying these days as you prepare to celebrate Christmas. We are in for a snowstorm (or 2) this weekend. They are saying about a foot or so and school has already been cancelled in most towns (including Mount Hope...YEAH!).

Doesn't it look so real and inviting? Dave really enjoys putting the village and I enjoy watching the pieces go up and remembering why and when we got each one. Just about every piece has meaning and most were gifts to one another.

The manger scene in our village.

This was Caleb's pose for most of the performance.

Not too sure about this king costume.

There, we got him to look up!

Caleb was not into taking a family picture after the show but he finally complied. And yes, Hannah is in the picture. She was just sleeping away in the sling...as usual! Thank goodness for that thing. It's the only way I got my Christmas cards out and most of my presents wrapped!

There is the happy king. I caught him in the hallway after the show.
Hannah is 2 months old today...time is flying by!
You can see that he was singing a little bit in this video.
No comments:
Post a Comment