
Hello Friends and Family!
Seven days and counting! Our family road trip begins in just one week and I can still hardly believe it! This trip has been a personal dream of mine for 20+ years (which I apparently passed on to my husband and children 😉). We as a family have been planning for about 18 months and it's finally almost here.
There is still much to be done with packing, planning, confirming and ALL. THE. LISTS. (Those of you who know me well know that I am a big list person!). We have our plan on paper but are also going with the understanding that we need to be flexible if plans need to change. No matter what, we are very aware that this is an ADVENTURE like none we have ever had before!
Many of you know we have waffled over the decision of whether to go or not for months. We had certainly put it on the back burner during the months of COVID crisis and stopped planning. At one point not too long ago, I was completely ready to just pull the plug and try again next year. A few days later, I don't know. A complete peace came over me and a very "Carpe Diem" sort of attitude took over. If we have learned nothing else over the past 6 months, we have learned that we have no idea when life will change overnight. We don't know what next year will look like. This year with less obligations and less on the calendar, it actually seems more ideal for our family.
Many of you have asked us to send or post pictures so I decided to revive this family blog from retirement. I am sure I will be sharing some pics on Instagram (@libby.partyof7) but will share more in detail here on our private blog.
Here is a skeleton of our planned trip:
We will be flying into Denver, CO and renting a van to head north to Wyoming to visit Yellowstone and Grand Tetons (yes, we are very much aware that CO and WY have received a good amount of snow over the last couple days!).
From there we will head to UT to visit Arches, Bryce Canyon and Zion.
Then we head to AZ to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona. (We had some other things planned there but they are closed due to COVID).
We then drive through NM and stay a night (can't really do any visiting there since they have a soft quarantine order right now) before heading back up to CO for a few more days.
That is the gist of the trip with many more details in between. And again, this is OUR plan but as my dad always said when we were kids, "we will go wherever the car takes us" if plans need to change. I will post on our blog as I can when we have internet and keep you guys updated.
At this point, we would certainly covet your prayers over our trip. For protection and guidance along the way. Prayer for us as a family to deepen relationships and a time to learn more about one another.
Thanks to everyone who has encouraged us to make this dream happen and gotten excited right along with us! We look forward to sharing with you!
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you! And I'm excited to follow along with you on your road trip. Can't wait to see your pictures. I hope you have a fabulous time and make amazing memories!
"A Dream Come True" trip sounds so amazing! Just think....you will all talk about it forever! What a treasure-chest of memories you are making! Have fun! We will be praying for you.
Post a Comment