Thursday, September 17, 2020

It's Really Happening!

We are officially on the road!  I am still having a hard time believing that we are actually on this trip that we have planned for so long.  I was definitely like a kid on Christmas Eve the night before we left.  Just so excited!  I must say that despite the stress of getting ready to go and the last week being a bit crazy to say the least, our trip has started of so smoothly and God has certainly been gracious to us in taking care of all the details.  We are grateful. 

Yesterday, we flew into Denver, rented our van and headed North.  We drove a couple hours to stay in Wyoming for the night.  On the way we stopped at Wyoming Territorial Prison for a little field trip.  No, I promise we didn't leave them there.  This was the prison that Butch Cassidy was in and we learned a lot about his life along with the history of the prison which was once the state's penitentiary.  History was certainly covered for the day! 

By 8pm mountain time, everyone was asleep...except mama.  But of course with the time difference, the crew was fully awake at 4:30am!  So instead of taking our time in the morning, we hit the road by 7am.  Today we drove about 8 hours across Wyoming into Idaho where we will be for a few days.  Highlight of the day was definitely seeing moose on the side of the road just eating in the water. So very cool. 

Our beast for the next few weeks. The jury is still out as to what to name her.  
Feel free to leave a comment with your ideas!

These state signs are pretty exciting!  Yes, I know there are only four children in this picture.  No, I did not leave one in Colorado.  The other teenager was asleep.  So you may not see everyone in all the pictures.  I have decided I am not forcing all the pics! 

They found us out.  We were busted as to what our trip was really about...

Joke's on us!  

In 42 years of my life, 16 years of living in NH, and in my many, many camping trips, I have never once seen a moose (in the wild) and this mama and her babies were just off the 
side of the road in Wyoming. 

Before we left for our trip, we were with our family for dinner and my brother prayed over us for our trip and one specific thing he prayed for was that God would have some surprises for us along the way and He certainly answered that prayer today. 

Sweet ending to Day 2 of our journey. I look forward to more of this kind of family time. 

This weekend we head to Yellowstone to continue the adventure!  Thank you for your continued prayers.  We can already see that God is leading this trip and not us.  
Specifically if you could pray for little Miss Kiah.  She has a little cold that isn't helped with the changing weather and elevations.  She gets a bit antsy in the car.  She is also my only child who has ever struggled with carsickness.  So far, so good but with these windy roads, I certainly keep an eye on her for that! 

























5 comments:

Alan Brueseke said...

You all are going to have so much fun.
Here are a couple name ideas for the beast.
1. ‘Lizzy’ - a take off of Libby except with z’s since there’s probably lots of sleeping going on in there.
2. ‘L-52 Bomber’ - L for Libby, 5 children, 2 parents.

Donna said...

How fun!!


Van names:
Snow White
Casper
Redemption (bc you certainly are redeeming 2020!)

What kind of van is it? Make and model? Could do a play on words!

Nonna said...

We are so excited you are able to make this trip happen especially in these crazy times. I think you have a good list of names to choose from for your limo. Love the pictures and hearing all about your adventures. Miss all of you already.

Love you

Leslie said...

I loved reading your first installment! And the MOOSE! So very cool. I have good friends in Meridian, ID if you need a pitstop. Just let me know and I'll contact them. I'm super excited to go along for the ride with you all.

Leslie said...

Van name suggestion: Did you ever see "Herbie, The Love Bug" ? But since it's not a Bug, you could shorten it to just Herbie.