So it happened quite fast...we sold our house! We had an offer 2 weeks after we listed it and then we were out 1 month later to the day. WOW! It has been a whirlwind. And the question we get is "How is your new house?". Our answer is short and sweet -- we don't know yet! Until this past Monday we didn't have a new house. But we have found one and are scheduled to close at the end of October. In the meantime my parents have VERY graciously opened up their home to all of us! We will still be living in Hudson not too far from our old house.
We have recounted the many ways God has worked in both selling our home and so far in the process of buying our new one. We are so blessed because God is just so good to us...
Leaving was way more emotional than I anticipated. It was quite bittersweet. I knew it would be hard but I was not prepared for the tears as I swept the kitchen one more time and pulled out of our driveway for the last time. So many memories at 10 Cross Street. We brought home 3 babies to that home. It's where we watched our older boys grow. It's where 3 of our kids accepted Jesus into their hearts. It's where the kids learned to ride bikes and it's the house we started homeschooling in. It's where we shared many, many precious times with friends and family.
But it wasn't just the good memories. It was the difficult ones too that made it hard. It's where hard conversations took place, it's where we learned about loved ones lost, it's where our marriage was tested, it's where we (okay, mostly me) cried during difficult times, it's where God disciplined us and taught us, it's where we failed at times and it's where we wrestled with decisions for our family.
However, through all these times, it's where we grew, it's where God met us and showed Himself faithful and sovereign time and time again. I am ever so grateful for all the memories in our home. For the beautiful and happy memories and for the maybe not so beautiful and happy moments. All of them make us grow and bring us closer to Christ if we let them.
He has never failed us and we are very much looking forward to our new house that we will make a home. We look forward to the ways He will grow us, mold us, shape us and show Himself through the beautiful moments as well as through the down right ugly moments.
We are who we are because He is who He is. And we are grateful...
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can really relate to the feelings you shared about how emotional it is to leave a home where so many memories were made. I went through the same emotions when we sold our house. But I realize now that I brought all those memories with me. I have a great idea for your new house though! Make it an RV and join us on the road. 😉
Post a Comment