
I discovered this picture on Pinterest and I just love it. When I taught Kindergarten, I enjoyed "reading" books to my students that only had pictures. I liked hearing their ideas of what was actually happening in the story. Their imaginations could really take them places in a book. This picture reminds me a lot of that. What is going on the other side of that fence?!?! Superbowl maybe?
It also gave me an image of where I am at right now as we begin a new year. For me, being able to gear up for a new year with goals and resolutions during the month of December is an impossibility. So I take the month of January to ponder, plan, set goals and really think about what I want out of the new year. More importantly, what does God want from me during the new year of 2015?
This brings me to the other side. The other side being January 1, 2016. Where do I want to be? Who do I want to be? Where is our family headed in our growth together and as individuals? What are our homeschooling goals? Relationship goals? How will we spend our time? How will we not spend our time? So much to think about. We need to weed out what doesn't need to be a part of our year and strive forward in the steps we should be taking.
What about you? What do you see on the other side for yourself? For your family? For the Lord? Take some time to ponder that as you look ahead to this new upcoming season.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Great post and good reminder. And I love that picture too :-)
Post a Comment