Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Song

Five Minute Friday

Ready, Set, Go!

Whenever describing my 4 1/2 year old daughter to someone, I let them know that she always has a song in heart...literally!  She sings at some point every day.  Whether it be a song she learned in school or church or one she just heard in the car with mommy or daddy, she sings...and sings...and sings.  There are times when quiet would be nice but I just love this part about her.  She just loves to sing and doesn't care who is listening.  Sometimes I wish I had that quality within myself.  

What I know is that she picks up on any song she hears.  She is always listening.  It dawned on me today as I contemplated writing about the word "song" that all my kids are listening.  Maybe not always to music but to the song that their mommy brings to them each day.  Anyone who knows me knows I can sing worth a lick!  But nonetheless, I sing out of my heart and attitude each day whether I like it or not.  

Some days it's "Give Me Jesus" by Jeremy Camp.  Other days maybe it's "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter and still others it might be "Blessed" Martina McBride.  
But I sing...and whatever song my attitude shows on any given day is what my children and husband see and hear.

I need to think about that next time I open my mouth and heart to "sing".

2 comments:

Beth said...

My daughter too, sings all the time. At least sometime throughout the day! Have a great weekend! Your Neighbor from Five Minute Friday.

Wise Hearted said...

Thanks Libby for visiting my site. Both of my children sing and now their children sing too. Nothing blesses my heart then to hear little children sing for they do it without any hang ups. Blessings.