Today I am starting something new. As much as possible on Fridays, I am going to link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Fridays. The idea is to write for 5 minutes without worrying about editing, self-critiquing or anything else. Just to write for the love of writing. I have been wanting to get some more writing in just for fun and this seemed like a good way to start. So here goes...
Today's word is "Jump"
Ready, Set, Go...
How many times have I told my kids not to jump in the puddles? We are trying to get somewhere whether it be into the store, to co-op or simply back to our house. "Don't jump in the puddles. You will get all wet." Yes, puddles are messy, wet, muddy and quite inconvenient. They cost us time because then we will have to change clothes.
But sometimes don't we jump in the puddles of life? There are times when life is messy and we get all wet or muddy. Sometimes we even have to change because of a puddle in our path of life.
God uses these "puddles" to mold us and shape us into what He has called us to be. He uses the "puddles" to grow us in Him. These puddles can be a positive growing point in our lives even though we may see them as inconvenient.
I pray that I remember this next time one of kids decides to jump in the with both feet!
Is there a puddle in your pathway right now? Are you letting it shape and mold you?
Friday, April 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am totally having a puddle moment! I'm covered in mud and yuck and all I want to do is rinse off, but I know He has something for me here.
Welcome to FMF! Glad you decided to give it a try!
Christy @ A Heartening Life
www.ahearteninglife.com
Very well said. Puddles can sometimes be fun but once we grow up we see the yucky side of it. I'm trying to use my puddles to grow and shape me more. Thanks for the insight!
Nice writing.
you are amazing that is so true. I think I sometimes have puddles in front of me and I put my foot down real careful just to get to my next step, but I really just want to jump in with both feet. But it always seems safe to just walk over it.
That is so well put. Sometimes I would just like to jump in the puddle with both feet. But is so much easier and safer to just put one foot in ever so careful just to get you to the other side. Then continue on your journey never knowing what we missed by not jumping in with both feet.
Post a Comment