Recently I was watching "The Bible" at my parents house. It was the first part in the series. While the part of the Red Sea separating was playing out, my mom made a comment that struck me. She said it was amazing how the same people that saw God move the Red Sea were the same people who complained while in the dessert even though their every need had been met. I could picture God asking them, "Did you not see what I did with the Red Sea? Did you miss that?"
I got to thinking about that in my own life.
How many times to do I complain?
Whine?
Want things to play out differently?
How often am I afraid to trust God?
I have to remember all that He has done for me.
Have I forgotten that he provided every penny I needed to head to college when I saw no way?
Have I forgotten that I I walked away without a scratch when I totaled my car into a tree at 19?
Have I forgotten that He has provided for our specific needs during every transition, move and new job?
Have I forgotten that He was in that hospital room when my baby had the cord wrapped around his neck and I was more scared than ever before in my life?
Have I forgotten that He has given me 4 beautiful, healthy, vibrant children who know Jesus?
Have I forgotten that He allowed my grandparents to live a long, happy and healthy life so that I could know them as long as I did as well as my children?
Have I forgotten how impeccable His timing is with taking care of the details in our daily lives?
The list goes on and on...
I need to remember and return to the promises kept, the provisions given and the love poured out.
When I can do that, I can move forward and trust that he holds the future and all the details of it in His hands...the same hands that parted the Red Sea.
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment