Today Dave and I celebrated our 13th anniversary. And I just have to write this post to say how much I love my husband. Yes, the longer you have been married, sometimes things get mundane and you get more comfortable with one another and you think you live love each other less as time goes on. But honestly, I love him more now than I did when we first got married. It's funny because when you first get married, you don't think that's possible. I love what my brother says sometimes when he performs a wedding ceremony. He says, "May this be the day that you love each other the least."
But how is this possible? It's because you haven't experienced as much of life together. And I know, we have only been married for 13 years so we have a long way to go but the exciting part...it means I'm going to love him even more over the next 13 years!!!
What did we do to celebrate you ask? Nothing! Really, we went out to eat, did some shopping and rented a movie but really we just enjoyed some quiet quality time together. It is tradition that we always spend our actual anniversary together so we both took work off and my mom so graciously took the kids for us overnight and I can't thank her enough. We just spent time talking and enjoying the quiet together. We don't get that often with 4 children so when we do, it means a lot. We actually gotten to finish a conversation, eat a warm meal and SLEEP IN!!! Anyway, I just need to say how much I love my man. More and more, he is my rock...probably more than he realizes. Happy Anniversary Babe! I look forward to all the adventures ahead of us...
Monday, March 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment