Saturday, June 23, 2012

We have been home a couple weeks now but I am happy to report that Jonas is an AMAZING traveler.  Our trip to D.C. went off without a hitch.  There was only one time I got a little nervous while traveling.  As I was putting everything back together after going through security when leaving D.C. (because a mother of 4 who is traveling alone with her infant has time to put a bomb in her baby's diaper!) a security worker said to me, "Ma'am, I think that's illegal."  I was immediately trying to think of what I "illegally" packed in my suitcase.  I just looked at him waiting for him to continue.  He looked at me and at Jonas and said, "It's illegal to have a baby that cute."  PHEW!...and thank you.
The trip went great.  I enjoyed my time with Mary and visiting with her family.  I entered the world of digital scrapping while I was there and I absolutely love it.  We both sat on the couch with our laptops "scrappin'" away and just enjoying each other's company.  Other than that, we got some time to do some shopping but mostly we spent our time catching up and enjoying LOTS of coffee and tea.  I really didn't want to do any sightseeing this time around.  Maybe next time when I have Caleb with me...oh what a GREAT homeschool field trip that will be!
On both flights, Jonas simply ate and took a nap.  I would travel with him anytime.  But that was a plane, we will see how he is in a car...this week.  That's right, the Libbys are hittin' the road this week to head to Hershey Park.  I can publish this now because we finally told the kids a couple of weeks ago.  I made a photo book of our last trip and that's how we told them we were going again.  We will be meeting Dave's family there so it will be nice to have the week to spend together.  The kids are beyond excited!

My little travel companion!  On the way there, the seat was empty next to us...always a bonus! 

As soon as we told the kids we were going to Hershey Park, the countdown began.  The boys take turns each morning changing the number.  They are so excited each day as the number gets lower and lower.  Meanwhile, mommy twitches and cringes knowing how quickly time is passing to get everything ready!!!  Yup, as of the this morning, only 4 days to go!!! 

Ok, I know the exposure is crazy on this picture.  My camera wasn't cooperating while I was trying to be sneaky. But if you look carefully you see little Miss Hannah looking out her window under the blinds.  We moved her room around to move Jonas' crib in so now she looks out the window at night before she goes to bed.  If you ask her, she will tell you she is watching those 'ole birds (seriously, the girl uses the word 'ole like it's going out of style!) so that they will land on her arm.  She has become quite the little bird watcher (and chaser!) and desperately wants one of those 'ole birds to land on her wrist.  Our little nature lover...

We did have Jonas in the pool with the kids but he liked it much better on the sidelines sitting on Hannah's boogie board watching them splash around.  It is certainly summer here as we have been in the 90's for days now.  LOVIN' IT!

I was cutting the boys hair the other day outside and Jonas was swinging with daddy.  Well, by the time it was daddy's turn to get his hair cut, this little guy has fallen asleep!  

Oh, what we put this child through...but he actually seemed to like this!

1 comment:

Morgan Gagnier said...

My heart would have stopped if a security guard would have told me that...although so true. Glad you had a good trip and enjoy the next one!