Caleb started his homeschooling a few weeks ago and we are starting to adjust. I am still working on our schedules so that I have sufficient planning time and he is getting all that he needs to tackle reading this year. He gets better and better each day and today he looked at me after our phonics lesson and said, "This is the best school ever!" I'm pretty sure it is because he is becoming successful at reading and is finally enjoying it.
Life has been a bit crazy. Work is nuts and due to some changes the school is going through, I have had to enroll in an infant/toddler class at a local college. It is online so that helps but it is just one more thing needing my time right now. We have had to say no to many things now that our schedule is full with my school and the kids school but we are truckin' along. Here are some pictures of what we have been up to. I also realized as I am planning Hannah's birthday party that I never posted pics from Caleb's party this summer so I added some of those too! Hopefully when things slow down a bit, I will be able to post more frequently but here is where we are at for now!
This is a bit of what our homeschool days look like now. I decided that it is easier to having everyone at the table doing school than Caleb doing his work and the other 2 just watching TV or playing. Caleb wants to be doing what they are doing when he should be working so whenever the little ones are home, we make it a family affair. Some days it's a circus but some days it is just a beautiful thing to watch your children learning together.
Here I am at 31 weeks...we are now at 35 weeks and I can't believe this little one is going to be soon! I am getting really excited and anxious all at the same time. So much to do in so little time. I have already started nesting a bit (yes, I can say my kitchen ceiling fan is the cleanest on the block!) and look forward to more of that in the next few weeks.
Soccer season is upon us again and Caleb is loving it! He counts down the days until Saturday each week and is so bummed if his game gets cancelled because of rain. Here he is just before scoring his first goal of the season.
Dave made these treasure maps for Caleb's birthday party...all 9 of them by hand...he is best daddy!!!
Dave and I had a lot of fun making this cake together the night before the party. Not so bad if I do say so myself!
That's right, Mommy made all the kids "walk the plank." They thought this was funny with all the snakes and crocodiles in the water!
The kids really enjoyed the games: walk the plank, finding the hidden treasures, , bailing out the boat and of course the treasure hunt!
Arrr Mateys!! here they are with their treasure box they found. And since I forgot to borrow the one from the church that I was going to, Dave was making one about 9:00 pm the night before the party...I'm telling you, my kids have such a treasure in their daddy!I also have the most adorable video of Caleb helping Hannah with her "school" but neither my camera or computer are cooperating in uploading it. She does her shape activity with him each week. He names a shape and she has to circle it. She has gotten really good at it and she doesn't like anybody else to do it with her except Caleb...it's a true treasure to watch in the craziness of our homeschooling ventures!









No comments:
Post a Comment