Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now

Over the last few weeks, I can't get that pull-up commercial out of my head...you know the tune..."I'm a big kid now!". I still can't get over the fact that Caleb is 5 now. And turning 5 comes with lots of new things (for him and Mommy!). Let's see...Caleb is now aloud to chew gum, he plays soccer, started Kindergarten and also began going to Awana (along with his brother) this week. Awana is a christian program for kids which helps them grow in their spiritual walk. The biggest part of the program is memorizing scripture and through that and other projects they earn badges and awards. It is like a christian-based Boys/Girls Scouts. The boys both had a GREAT time this week and can't wait to go back.

Our little soccer player. After the first week, we weren't sure if he wanted to go back. He liked all the drills but then none of the kids really wanted to play in the "game." But after practicing in the backyard and getting his own soccer ball, he is loving it! This past Saturday was his 3rd week and he LOVED being in the game. He is one of the first to say "put me in coach!".

My little Siah man is getting so big too! He is 3 1/2 now and started preschool. He goes 3 days a week and seems to really enjoy it. He certainly comes home tired so they must be keeping him busy all day!

Oh, and my little Hannah girl...she is becoming such a girly girl. She saw her cousin's nails painted and had to have hers done too. I could not believe she let me do this! She even sat there while I did her toes too!!! I was trying to get her to put them up by her face and this is the adorable pose I got.

The finished product. The next morning she woke up in her crib and held out her hands and said "so pretty!" That's what she says now when she looks at your nails or jewelry or any other glitz you may be wearing! When we go out she wants her necklaces and bracelets on too. The other day I picked up a .25 bag of play jewelry and she was in heaven when I brought it home! She must get this from her Nonna!!!

I know this is just a little glimpse of our life right now. We have been really busy with many things. Homeschooling is going well. We are still getting into the groove and Caleb is still learning that school is school even though we are home. It's tough for him to focus when the little ones are around but it's getting better and he is already learning so much.
We had a sweet visit from some friends of ours in Illinois. They stayed for about 4 days and it was just an amazing, fun and relaxing time with them.
Yesterday was our annual church/school picnic. We probably served about 400 people (kids and adults) and the day was a success. There were 6 moonbounces, a dunk tank, facepainting, caricatures and GREAT food! It was fun day but I was certainly tired this morning!

What are we looking forward to? I have a chance to go see Beth Moore this weekend, Caleb and I will be heading to the Topsfield Fair next week for a field trip and I will be participating in the Tufts 10K walk on Columbus Day. The month of October will not only bring a celebration of Hannah's 2nd birthday but just before that happens, I have an opportunity to visit my dear, dear friend Mary (I know you miss Hawaii but I am so glad you are in Ohio now!!!!). I am so looking forward to some precious time with her. It will just Hannah and me going so daddy will have some "boy time".
WOW...I guess it's going to be a busy month I guess but I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Mary Thorson said...

Can't wait for you to get here!