Thursday, August 19, 2010

"You think you can do these things, Nemo and you JUST CAN'T!"
-Marlin from Disney's Finding Nemo

A quote that has been ringing in my ears over the past couple of weeks. Especially when it comes to thinking that I can blog every couple of days to keep you all posted on the Libby happenings. NOT HAPPENING!!! Things are pretty busy at home. I am just about finished with re-ordering our office to prepare for our upcoming homeschooling endeavor. I am trying to make space for Caleb's things and make our office space much more efficient. Watch out...mama is cleaning out!!! In addition to that, Josiah has been giving us a lovely time with his 3 year old self so we are working on some things with his behavior. Work has kept Dave and I both busy in the last couple of weeks and we are preparing to shift gears as school starts up again soon. In the midst of all this, I am just trying to find some balance so some things have been put on the back burner for a little while including Facebook and obviously keeping up on my blog. I do apologize but home is in much need of my attention right now and that certainly comes first. Wednesday, the boys went to Summer Camp and I stayed home with Hannah so that I could accomplish some errands and get some major stuff done at home. When Dave came home he went to the computer and couldn't believe that I hadn't even turned it all ALL DAY. It's amazing what you accomplish when you take out some distractions. So in continuing on with what I said I would do here are some pics from Caleb's birthday party with his friends at the house.

Caleb wanted a CARS party and Auntie Lauren delivered of course. This cake was awesome and quite yummy too!

A friend of mine was kind enough to let us borrow this jump bounce for the party. I felt so blessed because I really wanted to do some special for Caleb's party and he really loved this!

Hannah and Isaac.

We did a really fun obstacle course at the party. Each child had to make their own license plate and then do the obstacle course. Each station was named after one from the CARS movie. This is Caleb at "Luigi's Tire Barn" stacking up the tires.

Caleb at the car wash. The kids had to run through the sprinkler and then clean off a nasty muddy truck of their choice.

This was the pit stop. They had to change their tires (eat an oreo) and gas up (drink apple juice) in order to complete the race.

"Tow Mater's Impound". The kids had to pick up the matchbox cars with a clothespin and drop them in the bucket. This was the biggest challenge.

This image simply made me smile so I had to take a picture. It was taken just in the middle of a typical day. Amidst the busyness and hub bub of our day. It was a reminder that though these handprints are on every surface in my home right now, someday they won't be and someday I'll wish they were. So no, I didn't run for a wipe to get this off my door right away. Instead, I ran for my camera because these are the moments I want to remember. The fun that my kids had playing in the dirt, building towers, coloring me a picture of a cat for the upteenth time. The other day I went for a quick run to the grocery store with the 3 kids and they were fighting over who got to sit where and there was screaming and crying (and no, not from me!). The woman next to me in the aisle turned to me and smiled and said how much she missed that stage of life and how she wished she could go back. It's hard to believe you will miss the tantrums and the crying and fighting but I have heard it enough to know that I will. So for now, I have dirt on my front door, 3 piles of laundry in my living room that need folded, a kitchen floor that needs scrubbed, dishes in the sink that need washed and sleep that doesn't happen as often as I would like but I also know that I have 3 sleeping children upstairs that God has blessed me with and I get the privilege of taking care of them each and every day. I know I have blogged about this before but I guess sometimes I just need to remind myself that what I am doing is important no matter how difficult it can be.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're having such a fun summer with those kiddos, and that's all that matters, not the household chores!!! btw, i have a matching hand print like that in my bedroom, caleb put his hand in the wet paint, i kind of like it and haven't painted over it yet!

Leslie said...

i really enjoyed reading your latest entry. what a great idea for the birthday party- it sounds like SO much fun! your thoughts on being thankful for the noise and the dirt because it is evidence of a healthy active family made tears come to my eyes. as i sit here typing, the only sound i hear is one of our cats snoring and the clickety-click of my keyboard. it's really wonderful to be in this stage of my life and i'm enjoying it very much, but what makes it so satisfying is still the kids, only now i have a new daughter and son in law which makes it even better!