Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Consider it a good thing that you haven't heard from us recently. We are busy having a GREAT summer. We have been blessed with many memories this summer and unbelievable weather...thank you Jesus!!!! Since I posted last, we have gone camping, celebrated Caleb's 5th birthday, had a visit from Dave's family, seen fireworks on the boat, gone to another VBS in our area and have had many fun days in our backyard. So there hasn't been much down time to update the blog. I guess I will just post some pictures a couple times of week until I get caught up! So here are some pics but you won't see anymore until after the weekend because we are heading out to go camping again tomorrow!! More fun for the Libbys!!!! But first, here are pics from our last camping trip.


It was not a pretty sight to get this baby packed. Yes, after this trip, we are getting a topper for the van for these trips.


Yup, that's Caleb's little head peeking out in the back.

We camped right on the river and Hannah is making her plan of how she is going to get down the little hill to play in the river.

She made her way down there with her dress and all! I think daddy helped her out a bit!

We camped with 2 other families and this is Donald playing in the river with the kids and of course that's Dave in the background helping to build the rock wall. I'm so glad my kids have such a fun dad! This river kept these kids busy for hours!!!

Caleb and me rafting down the river. Notice the water is a bit higher than in the picture above? Yeah, that's because the first night we got about 2-3 inches of hard rain! The rest of the time, the weather was pretty cooperative.

Josiah and some stick he found in the river which I am sure he turned into some sort of weapon because that is what he does. Look at the focus on this kid's face!

Hannah and her friend Naomi sneaking some play in with the cars and trucks while the boys were busy in the river. Hannah calls her "Nomi". They are just 2 days apart.

This is Hannah madder than a hornet after we took her out of the pool. Not a happy camper!

Love this one of them sitting by the fire in the morning.

Hannah did everything she could to get onto Donald's bike. She climbed up there all on her own after putting her helmet on of course!

I think this picture is precious. Just enjoying some downtime on the campsite.

I show this picture to you because that little boat was a last minute pack and Caleb played with it for like 2 hours straight with his friend who also packed his boat last minute. Amazing how one toy can keep them so busy for such a long time yet when they are home with a million toys, they get bored...go figure!

We were camping over Caleb's actual birthday so of course we had to celebrate...camping style with Hostess cupcakes!

Ok, I was totally sure if this picture was appropriate but you can't see any toukas'! This is the boys peeing on the official "pee tree". If we didn't give them a specific tree, they would have gone all over. Especially Josiah who was quite proud to be part of the "I can pee outside" club now.

The famous stairway that led the kids to the river. My kids absolutely adore Donald. Hannah was in the car singing the other day, "Pappy, Nonna, Donald, Pappy, Nonna, Donald". She asks for him all the time and he is so good with our kids. They get along so well.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I love the last picture where Donald has his arm around Hannah! And I'm a big fan of the phrase "madder than a hornet!"

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, so sad I couldn't go this year. Looking forward to the next round of camping pics!