Sunday, June 27, 2010

The verdict...YES, we made it to Storyland last week. As soon as Caleb woke up the next morning (after being real sick the night before!), he said, "Yeah, today we go to Storyland!". How could we not? After scrambling around to get ready (I really thought we weren't going!) we finally left the house. The kids had a fun time going on the rides and it was just a great day together as a family. Caleb felt fine and didn't feel sick one time. (He made me pray many times before bed that he wouldn't be sick so he could go to Storyland...I am glad God heard my prayers!!!) I think the day really kicked of the Libby summer. I have so been enjoying the last week with the kids. It's a whole different dynamic when your kids can get outside EVERYDAY and just run off all that energy! This week we will go to summer camp a few days, go to VBS for a couple of nights and enjoy a relaxing weekend celebrating the 4th. Happy 4th of July everyone!

Caleb and Josiah with Humpty Dumpty. Josiah still talks about how his eyes REALLY moved!

Mommy and Caleb riding in the Dutch shoe. All the rides were set-up so that you could ride with your kids...

...which presented a bit of a challenge with 3 kids. On some rides you could only fit one adult and one child so Dave and I had to take turns which meant waiting in line...twice. But soon enough somebody will hit 48" and be able to ride alone! I just love this picture of Josiah and Hannah watching Caleb on the ride...patiently waiting for their turns...

Daddy with his boys on the hot air balloon ferris wheel. They liked this one because they could see the whole park.

Hannah got to ride on a couple of the rides. This is her holding on for dear life on the hot air balloon ferris wheel.

This was the boys favorite...of course! The entire room was just balls...and five million ways to shoot them. You could sling shot them, shoot them out of a gun, suck them through tubes. It was really cool...literally too because the day was very hot so the A/C felt nice!

Hannah loved the "vaccuum" tubes. She was so funny to watch the first time she put a ball in because she was taken back that it just sucked up so fast. We couldn't get her away from it!

Tried to get Daddy and Josiah on the tractor ride but as you can see, the farmer was very focused on the task at hand...

That's right my Hawaiian friends...there is Hawaiian Shaved Ice right here in New Hampshire!!! And you are right, it is a snow cone...only WAY BETTER!!! I couldn't believe how fine they can get the ice...it was quite yummy and refreshing. But no worries, someday we will still get to Hawaii to try it too!!!!

Our three little pumpkins...

3 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Great pictures.

Morgan Gagnier said...

We have been thinking about going there, and now that I see your pictures, we'll try hard to make it this summer.

Mary Thorson said...

Good to know that I will be able to find shave ice when we leave here! Glad you got to experience it. There is nothing like it on a hot day of fun! So glad you got your vacation day!