Friday, January 1, 2010
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Life is good! What a fantastic Christmas break we have together as a family. It has been so relaxing and fun to spend time together. What did we do? Really, not much and I think that's why the time has been so great. The few days before Christmas were a bit busy with some last minute shopping, wrapping and cooking but once Christmas Eve hit...how enjoyable. Dave's parents were here for a little over a week and what a blessing it was to spend time with them. The kids loved having them here each day, playing with their dog "Gracie", baking cookies with Grandma and opening gifts with them Christmas morning. Dave and I enjoyed their company and they were a big help with the kids. We even got to go to a friend's house and play games one night...without the kids! We absolutely LOVE our kids but it is nice to just get out as a couple once in a while...it doesn't happen enough right now. After the hub bub of Christmas, it took us awhile to find places for the new toys and this week Dave and I have been working on a lot of projects around the house. Nothing major just organizing and cleaning out. Him and his dad built some shelves in the basement and it helped so much. We have been busy but it's a good busy. Next week is back to routine with work and school. It's supposed to snow a bit tomorrow so I am going to enjoy the day scrapbooking to end my Christmas break. I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas and I am looking forward to all that God has in store for us in 2010. I know I always post a lot of pics but it just seems to be the best way to tell the story...enjoy!
Christmas Eve before all the festivities. I know... Hannah is not looking but man is it hard to get a good picture...do you take the one with your youngest not looking or the one with the oldest mad and crossing his arms...decisions, decisions...
With the boys bedrooms upstairs and ours downstairs, it just doesn't make sense to continue the tradition of our "stair" picture because on the way to our room, they see their gifts! So this year, I heard their little feet at about 6:30 am and grabbed my camera so I could capture the looks on their faces...priceless!
Daddy attempting to read the Christmas story with Hannah climbing all over him...she is such a monkey over the last few weeks!
Caleb and his aircraft carrier. And though, he had sneaked a peek at this a couple weeks earlier, it was never mentioned and he was just as excited about it anyway!
Josiah and his rescue helicopter. Yes, the one he wanted us to pray he would get...every night! When he started opening it, he peeked inside, then looked at us with his mouth wide open, then peeked again, then looked at us before he ripped it open. He was so excited!
Though she can't say I think this might have been Hannah's favorite gift...her Princess chair from Grandma and Grandpa. She'll be all set when we go camping this summer.
The boys were excited about this gift they got together. We put it in the basement and they have been playing together. It is so cute and Uncle Tim would be quite proud of them!
We delivered our cookies on Christmas Day to the Fire Station and this year, we still couldn't get Josiah to sit in the truck on his own but he did sit with Caleb and they had so much fun checking out all the trucks and equipment.
Auntie Wendy made Hannah this adorable tutu for Christmas. I can't wait to get her a little leotard (gosh, my first girl, is that even how you spell that???) now!
It's hard to believe that Caleb and Isaac actually made it to midnight on New Year's Eve. Although, Isaac was out by 12:10 am in his mommy's arms. Caleb, not so much. He was asleep by 1:00 am and STILL up at 6:30 am!
Ok, not a holiday picture but one of my projects this vacation was to organize our bedroom and make myself a little "nook" to read my Bible and do my study. Well, today the boys found quite comfortable I guess. They climbed up there, got comfy and Caleb was "reading" my Bible to Josiah. It's never too early to start...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great pictures! The cars robes make me laugh. Dane got one last year and slept in it every night for a month or better! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Great memories!
Great pictures!
I love Caleb reading the Bible to Josiah. Priceless!
Post a Comment