Sunday, November 1, 2009

It has found our home...

Who knew my last post would be so appropriate??? The morning after I posted, Caleb woke up with a fever and chills. He just wasn't himself. How do I know? Because he was just sitting...a mother knows...I didn't think too much of it but the fever was high and it was Friday (why do all children get sick at the end of the week when the doctor's office will closed on the weekend???). I called the doctor just to check in and with the cough and high fever she wanted to see him. Sure enough he was diagnosed with H1N1 and a slight ear infection. She put him on medication and within 24 hours, what a difference! And being the kind hearted little boy that Caleb can be, he decided to share...I was sick Friday night into Saturday with it. I called the doctor again to let her know. They didn't put me on medication (apparently you have to have respiratory problems to get the medication) but they did put Hannah and Josiah on anit-viral medication because they are higher risk because they are younger. I am feeling much better today; just a really bad cough, headache and really tired (oh, but the tired could be from the boys being up at 3:30 am...FOR THE DAY!!! Gotta love the time change for the early birds!) Caleb still has a slight fever and the doctor told us we have to be home for the week. In doing some research, it seems that H1N1 has a longer period of being contagious even after you feel better and symptoms subside. So we are hunkering down for the week with movies and other projects until we are well rested and not contagious. I'm just glad they are mild cases and we are doing well. So as said before, it is what it is!

1 comment:

Mary Thorson said...

So sorry you are all sick!! Hope you feel better soon. We can have a cup of tea together over the phone :)