Thursday, October 29, 2009

"It is What it is..."


I'm sure you have all heard the saying and it has certainly become one that I have truly adopted in our house..."It is what it is..."
At Bible study a few weeks ago, there was a question asked about things that we have needed to let go of and with the addition of each child, I have to let go a little more of the house. It is certainly not as neat and organized as I would like and I don't always get to things that need cleaning in a timely manner but that is my life right now and that's ok. Things get done just on a whole different time table. During the study I made the remark that I was going to get a sign on my door that says "It is what it is..." so that people understand anything is possible. Well the very next week of Bible study, one of the ladies in my small group brought this sign into me. She took the time out of her busy days with 4 children and made this sign for me. She took the time to buy the materials and paint it and put it together. It spoke volumes to me. Mind you this was only the 4th week of study and this woman barely knew me. I can't you tell you how blessed I was. She has no idea how happy she made my heart that day. It brought tears to my eyes.

So there my sign hangs. The house could be a mess and cluttered, it might be clean, clean laundry might be hanging around needed to be folded, kids could be crying or screaming or fighting or they could be sitting down reading puzzles or books. Mommy may have gotten a shower in that day...or maybe not. It is what it is!!! Don't get me wrong, I do my very best to accomplish what needs to be accomplished but I have 3 little cherubs that require more of me and my time and they come first. So maybe I get everything on my to do list accomplished or maybe I don't but the most important thing on my list is that my kids are loved an taken care of and that their needs are met.
I've said it before, someday I will look back and miss the craziness of our days but for right now, it is what it is and I love it that way!!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations Sandra. I am so proud of you for making this huge step. Realizing and accepting that we need to focus on the people/blessings God puts in our lives, rather than focusing on the things we want and sometimes even need to accomplish is a difficult place to get to. Keep your focus on Him and you'll never go wrong.

Marci Goodwin said...

My grandmother used to say that if you have a spotless house and little ones running around, you aren't being a good mom!