Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Memorable Memorial Day

I know it's taken a long time to post again but as usual, each day just brings its own adventures and time just gets away from me. Dave has been hard at work in our kitchen this week. We were going to put off this project until the Fall but that was before I decided that I couldn't live without a dishwasher anymore. So, to get a dishwasher, we needed to cut out a cabinet and for it to be the right size, we had to change our sink and if we were changing our sink, we were getting new countertops and with new countertops, we would have to paint the cabinets and if we were going to paint the cabinets, we might as well paint the brick behind them and while we are at the floor certainly needs replacing. If you have ever read "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff, it's just like that...one thing leads to another. So, the cabinets are stripped, the cabinet is ripped out and the dishwasher is actually in our house and we are ready for installation. We just need to talk to our plumber and get the work done. YEAH!!! Then it is onto painting and taking down that "oh, so loved" country border. Here are some fun pics from Memorial Day Weekend. We went to the annual softball tournament on Saturday (I think this was my 18th year!). We put the kids in the car right from bed at 6 am and put their sleepy little heads to bed at 9 pm when we got home. It was a long day but soooo fun and the kids were great. They just had so much fun playing in the dirt and watching everyone play ball. I actually had an itch to play this year since I wasn't pregnant and didn't have a newborn but who would watch the kids while daddy got to play?!?! It was a really great day with only one injury...daddy. He broke the the bone in the tip of his finger while catching a ball. Of course after my fainting incident in the grocery store a few weeks ago, I couldn't look at the bruised mess. He played for the rest of the day but got his finger checked on Sunday and since Josiah woke up with a goopy eye, he took him to the doctor as well. That's when we found out the finger was actually broken and that Josiah had an ear infection. Another day, another adventure, right? His finger is doing ok now. He just has to go to an orthopedic surgeon this week to make sure it is healing right. After we found out about the finger and ear infection, we decided not to go on the boat with the family just because it had already been a busy weekend. So we stayed home and since we aren't usually home on Memorial Day, we never knew there was a parade in our town. We took the kids and they thought it was pretty cool. I love being a part of all their "firsts" and seeing the joy on their faces.

My heart just melts when I look at this picture. Josiah is such a daddy's boy and LOVED watching him play ball and sitting on the bench with him. He just couldn't understand why he couldn't go on the field with daddy!

Uncle Tim playing trucks with Josiah. There is more dirt at this place than we know what to do with...a good day for boys...big boys too I guess!!!

Who wouldn't love the softball tournament? Chocolate Chip cookies at 8:30 am! Thanks to Auntie Lauren.

Isaac and Caleb playing trucks. They were all into wearing their hats backwards that day...so cute.

Don't you just want to SQUEEZE those chipmunk cheeks???? I can't stand how cute this picture is. Hannah was a trooper during the tournament. She napped in the car and in the stroller and just went with the flow for the day.

13 hours, 3 VERY dirty faces and 1 broken finger later...our husbands won 2nd place.

Here are the kids waiting for the parade and enjoying some ice cream.

Mommy and Hannah waiting for the parade to start.

The boys enjoyed watching all the different trucks that were in the parade.

Daddy and Hannah watching from the "bleachers". It was pretty hot so he was trying to keep her out of the sun...what a good daddy.

1 comment:

Marci Goodwin said...

I am so happy you are getting a dishwasher !!!! I don't know how you have survived this long! :) Those softball pictures remind me of watching Tom and Dave play while we sat on the blanket with baby Dallas! Why can't they stay that little?!