Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crazy Life

While we were living with my parents this summer, I discovered a new TV show that I have now become addicted to. Many of you know how much I LOVE the show Jon and Kate Plus 8. If you aren't familiar it is a show about a couple who had a set of twins and then wanted another child. Well, they got what they wanted and thensome...they got SEXTUPLETS!!! The show depicts them in everyday life, on vacations and interviews the parents to hear how they handle a family of 10. Jon and Kate are about the same age as Dave and I and have 8 children ages 7 and 4. The reason I love the show is it is just SO REAL. They have tantrums, they fight with one another (the kids and sometimes the parents too!), their mornings are crazy and there is certainly NEVER a dull moment in the Gosselin household. The show makes me feel like I am not alone in this motherhood life. In the beginning of the show, you hear Kate say, "Today, I could very well lose my mind." I can relate!!! Many have asked how life with 3 children is, for us it's a bit crazy and hectic right now. There is always something to do or someone to tend to...pretty much 24/7. For example, our evening last night. We got Hannah settled for bed about 10:00 (an early night), Caleb wakes up (not happily) to go potty at about 11:30 pm, Hannah wakes up to eat at 12:30 am but doesn't settle back to sleep until about 2:30 am. Hannah wakes up at 4:00 am to eat again. She settles back to sleep about 5:00 am which is when Caleb wakes up for another potty trip. However, he doesn't quite make it and pees on the floor. So here I am cleaning the floor at 5:00 am while my wide-awake 3 year old is trying to talk to me about the day. I told him it was too early and he could look at books or play quietly in his room with Josiah (who in the meantime had woken up for the day). At about 6:00 am I hear Caleb talking something about a Pull-up rainbow and having to clean it up. I didn't think too much of it. At 6:30 am I go upstairs with my sandpaper eyes to get Josiah out of his crib. I am not really watching where I am going and I suddenly feel soft padding on our hardwood stairs. I look down and well, there it is...Caleb's Pull-Up rainbow! I wondered what had kept him busy all that time. He emptied his entire box of pull-ups to make a rainbow on the stairs. I had him clean it up...after I took a picture of course! So here is Caleb and his rainbow and some other pictures from our eventful week. Needless to say, I think Jon and Kate put it best..."It might be a crazy life...but it's our life." And I wouldn't trade it for the world!


Caleb's Pull-up rainbow!!!

Hannah's first trip to church was last week. She actually let me sit through the entire service. She didn't make a peep! It was good to be back at church.


My mom and I took all the kids to an indoor playground during the week. They had a blast. I have a feeling we will be there a few times this winter.


Josiah enjoyed keeping up with the "Big Boys".



Josiah actually initiated this hold. He is really learning to love his little sister.


Proud Caleb! Lately whenever you take a picture he always says, "Smile cheese!" It is quite adorable.

This was Hannah's first Stamp Club. It must have wore her out. I look forward to the day when we can scrapbook and stamp together!
(Jon and Kate Plus 8 plug: Monday nights at 9:00 on TLC)





6 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Mothers of little boys earn triple badges!

Nonna said...

Hi Sandra I love the picture Caleb's rainbow. Just remember this to shall pass, and then you will wish you had it back. Look for the good in everything.

God Bless
love Mom

Anonymous said...

A #1) really, a stamp pad and stamp set?!?!

B #2) Like my name???

C #3) I think I'm tired today due to getting a little too much sleep last night.....like my name??

D #4) you're a super mom!!

Morgan Gagnier said...

A lot goes on in your household in the early mornings! I don't think it is every really too early to call you guys in the morning.

One Picky Family said...

Hey great pictures of the kids, but come on I want to see pictures of that new roof!

Marci Goodwin said...

Love the new blog background! Caleb is quite the designer. I think that's pretty good compared to what he could have done!