Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful Hearts

It's hard to believe it's Thanksgiving time once again. Dave's family is here to visit us for the holiday and we are having a great time together. This year we have so much to be thankful for. Dave and I were just talking the other day about how much has gone on this year. If you had told us in January of all that would go on, all the changes, all the challenges, all the blessings and all the miracles we probably never would have believed it. I think God works like that on purpose. Sometimes if we knew what was ahead, we may not want to walk forward. God has been so good. It's hard to believe with this year's housing market that we sold and bought our house in just 8 short weeks. What a miracle! Who knew we would adding another bundle of joy...another miracle to our family! This year certainly amazes us and despite the challenges that come with change, we can't thank the Lord enough for the blessings he has bestowed upon us. He continues to take care of every detail of our lives and give us everything we need. Recently I was in the grocery store and since taking the Dave Ramsey course back in the Spring, Dave and I have been pretty good about sticking to our "cash envelopes" for our budget. Well, I thought I only had $11 to work with to pick up a few things that I needed for the rest of the week. (Sometimes this envelope thing is a fun challenge for me...can I get everything I need for 11 bucks?!?). The total came to $12.51. I found another dollar in my grocery envelope but still needed .51 cents. I searched my pockets and then checked one more change section of my wallet. What did I find? .51 cents and not a penny more. At the checkout, I just thought to myself "bonus!". But as I was driving away, I was reminded how God takes care of our every need. He doesn't always give us everything we "want" but he certainly provides for all of our needs. I don't share this to say we are hard-pressed for money. We have a budget and we try to stick to it but I share it to say that God is so good. He never lets us down and I know that we are in the palm of His hands. What better place to be? Here are some pictures of Caleb's first school program and Hannah's baby dedication on Sunday. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Caleb sang his little heart at home but got "stage fright" on the day of the show. Maybe the cute girls in front of him made him nervous!

The cutest little turkey I ever did see. "Gobble, Gobble!"

They had refreshments after the show for the kids and their families. Check out the look on Josiah's face. I'm not sure what he is thinking!

It was very special to have my brother dedicate Hannah on Sunday. I'm pretty proud to be the sister of the Pastor.


This just gives you an idea of the length of the dress she wore. This was my christening dress when I was a baby which was orginally made from my mom's wedding dress. It has been sitting on our bed since we have been married just waiting for a little girl to wear it. It was really special to see Hannah wearing it on Sunday.


Hannah Grace Libby...our sweet baby girl.


The Libby Clan






2 comments:

Marci Goodwin said...

OK...I'm tearing up...so happy Hannah was a girl, because by the the third child I would have been "I don't care -girl or boy- somebody's wearing the christening gown!"

One Picky Family said...

Thanks for sharing your heart.