Hannah and I are doing well. We got home yesterday and are now learning to adjust as a family of 5! It's hard to believe that we now have 3 children...WOW!!!! Our first night was a bit rough (she may look like Josiah but she certainly sleeps like Caleb...those of you who know Caleb know what I mean...) and today was a little crazy at times but we will get there, we know. Here are some pictures from our eventful weekend. The boys are welcoming Hannah in their own little ways...as you can see. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement over these last few weeks and I can't wait for you to meet baby Hannah!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Meet Baby Libby!
Well, the time came sooner than we had anticipated. Since my diagnosis with preeclampsia 2 weeks ago, I had to go into the doctor's office twice a week so the baby and I could be monitored. When I went in on Friday, my blood pressure was a bit higher along with the protein in my system and the doctor didn't like what she saw so she immediately sent me over to the hospital to be admitted. Since my doctor was on the next day, she planned on a c-section for me instead of waiting until the 22nd like originally planned. The baby was still in breech position so we had to go with the c-section. The baby and I were both hooked up to the monitor all night so between that discomfort and the anxiety of the surgery, I only slept for about 2 hours total the night before. But come Saturday morning, things went according to plan and we had our BABY GIRL at 9:20 am. It was once again the greatest surprise to find out what we were having. Her name is Hannah Grace and she is beautiful! She weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 inches long. She has more hair than the boys did (thank goodness!) and it is dark brown just like her mommy!
Hannah and I are doing well. We got home yesterday and are now learning to adjust as a family of 5! It's hard to believe that we now have 3 children...WOW!!!! Our first night was a bit rough (she may look like Josiah but she certainly sleeps like Caleb...those of you who know Caleb know what I mean...) and today was a little crazy at times but we will get there, we know. Here are some pictures from our eventful weekend. The boys are welcoming Hannah in their own little ways...as you can see. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement over these last few weeks and I can't wait for you to meet baby Hannah!
Here she is...FRESH OUT! Daddy got some GREAT pictures.
Mommy and Hannah first meet.
I had to show this picture...is she Josiah or what in this picture?!?!
Mommy finally gets some "Hannah time" after the surgery.
Caleb introducing Isaac to his new "sistah". "Caleb, you are going to love having a little sister!"
Hannah and I are doing well. We got home yesterday and are now learning to adjust as a family of 5! It's hard to believe that we now have 3 children...WOW!!!! Our first night was a bit rough (she may look like Josiah but she certainly sleeps like Caleb...those of you who know Caleb know what I mean...) and today was a little crazy at times but we will get there, we know. Here are some pictures from our eventful weekend. The boys are welcoming Hannah in their own little ways...as you can see. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement over these last few weeks and I can't wait for you to meet baby Hannah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She is beautiful!!! Yes, Sandra, they do make baby clothes in pink. I've already been shopping!
How cute is she sitting in her chair at home! I can't wait to come home and see her again!!
Welcome home!! I can't believe you already have pink clothes...well, yes I can. Hang in there and remember this too shall pass. Love and hugs to all of you.
Congratulations to you all! Hannah is beautiful. So glad to hear that the delivery was safe and you'rea all OK. Really enjoying your blog and will look forward to more pictures!
Welcome to world, baby girl!
Looking forward to having tea parties with her and Bella.
Post a Comment