Monday, September 29, 2008

This is Beautiful

Well, we are officially in our new house. We are by no means settled but we are there and trying to get things organized and get the kids settled into their new environment. Since I have limited access to internet right now, I don't have pictures to share this week but I do have a funny story. Dave and I were tucking the kids in on the first night at the house and as Caleb climbed into bed, he got all his stuffed animals and got all "snug as a bug in a rug", laid down and said, "This is beautiful". I had to have him repeat it to make sure I heard him right. He said it again and Dave and I couldn't help but chuckle. How cute! It must have just felt so good to be in his own bed with his own stuffed animals and blankets. I mean I suppose we feel the same way when we get into our own bed but have never really shared the thought out loud. It was just so darn cute! The nights have been ok. Caleb has adjusted better than Josiah. Josiah will still cry at night and just wants to know that we are still there. Caleb has been great about coming down to use the potty during the night. We were a little nervous since we are on a different floor than they are now but it's going ok. I know it will take time for them to get used to everything. But for now, we just take turns going up and down the stairs at night. That's one way to get our exercise!!!

No comments: