Seriously, I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that we have been raisin' these beautiful babies for a decade now! Crazy!
Today is Caleb's birthday and I think he had a good day celebrating. He went to VBS this morning at the church we go to AWANA at, then came home to tortilla pizzas for lunch per request, dinner was chinese chicken fingers followed by Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies for dessert...quite sweet and rich but yumm-o! Then of course, gift time! Dave and I gave Caleb a watch for his birthday (which he was super excited about!) and we gave him...

...indoor skydiving! A few months back, he had mentioned he would like to try it so tonight we surprised him with this gift after dinner. We took him blindfolded and everything! (No, he didn't skydive blindfold...that's just mean!) He said it was really fun! If you look on the screen behind him, the instructor had the message "Happy Birthday" put on there for him. He had a really good time and a fun birthday. Sunday he will celebrate with a few friends and then we do the family celebrations when we head to Cape Cod next weekend...party month!

Mama and her 10 year old adventurer!
Karate Kid move...?
If you are wondering why he has his hands under his face like an angelic pose, it's because he was having trouble breathing normal with all the wind so they told him that help...it did.
He really liked it!
Over the last week or so, I have been doing a character study of Caleb in the Bible. November of 2013, God had instructed me to do a character study on each of the people my children are named after in the Bible (Jonas is a form of Jonah in case anyone is wondering where Jonas is in the Bible!). I have already studied Jonah and am now studying Caleb. It has been quite eye-opening and I am glad the Lord led me here.
Anyway, in my study a few things struck me. Three times in Joshua, Caleb is said to have followed the Lord wholeheartedly.Joshua 14:8-9
"...I, however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly. So on that day Moses swore to me, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.' "
Joshua 14:14
"So Hebron belonged to Caleb...because he followed the Lord, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly."
Numbers 14:24 says this as well:
"But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it."
This is my prayer for my son. That he will follow the Lord wholeheartedly all the days of his life. That he will see the inheritance that His God has for Him in eternity just like Caleb kept his eye on the inheritance the Lord promised him and his descendants.
You know, 12 spies went to explore the land to see if it was safe to overtake and only 2 came back and gave the go ahead to move forward. One of them being Caleb. Can you imagine what that was like to go against the grain like that? For Caleb to stand up for his convictions and faith in the Lord being their strength. Caleb and Joshua were walking by faith while the 10 others were walking by sight and out of fear.
I want my son to stand strong. I want him to fully rely on his faith in Jesus Christ when challenges lay before him. That is my prayer for you my son.
Happy Birthday Caleb! We are so blessed to have the privilege of getting to be
your mom and dad.
May our children never waver from his promises and their faith in Him~
"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do
what he had promised."
Romans 4:20-21
1 comment:
10? Really?? I don't think I am ready for this. Love the Character study!
Post a Comment