It's been a long time since I have linked up with Five Minute Friday and why not today! Five Minute Friday is bloggers all around the world linking up to write for 5 minutes without editing or critiquing. It's writing to simply...write.
Today's word:
Turn.
GO
Turn off the noise. Turn off the media. Turn off the phone, the computer, TV. Just turn. I am looking forward to turning this weekend. I am headed on a ladies retreat and I always look forward to the turn. Not only turning of the devices but turning off the voices in my head that tell me, "I'm not good enough", "I will never overcome the sin that I struggle with", "I will never be the wife or mother I want to be for Him" or "I will never be content".
These are the voices I struggle with throughout different seasons. But this weekend I will turn. I will turn to the One who quiets the voices, quiets the lies and quiets my heart so I can listen to Him and Him ALONE.
And I know after an encounter with my God, I will turn. I will turn from the lies. It doesn't mean they won't creep up again and rear their ugly head but I know that each morning that I wake, I can turn to Him for His encouragement and promises.
STOP
Friday, November 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love the cadence of your first few lines. This is especially beautiful: 'I will turn to the One who quiets the voices." I'm glad you wrote today.
Ruth
Turning from life's distractions to the one who quiets the voices - I needed the reminder!
I was trying to get in touch with you and couldn't find your dba or email anymore. We were in your neck of the woods for vacation this year and wanted to stop by and say hi.
Linda, we would have LOVED to see you guys! Sorry we missed you! My e-mail is lib4498@myfairpoint.net
Post a Comment