But it's definitely not okay for my blog to not be updated. Honestly, we had such a busy summer, it's no wonder I haven't had time to catch up. We went camping a couple times, to Camp of the Woods in NY, spent time down the Cape with my family and hung out lots at the beach and by the pool. Hopefully I can get some pics of that soon but for now I am going to go with the scrapbooking rule: Start where you are at and if you have time, go back! So that's how I will approach this.
This past week was busy as we started school. The kids get all excited about the new school supplies and just switching up routine but when we get right down to it, yeah, nobody loves getting back to school. But so far, so good. We have started slowly with only a couple subjects last week and added in a couple more this week. Didn't want to shock their systems too much with our ho-hum summer days to the fall frenzy of school!
They are taking it all in well so far. Here are the pics from our first day.
Hard to believe my oldest is in 4th grade this year. His workload is definitely heavier this year but I know he will handle it well and I look forward to watching him grow in his writing skills. He enjoys it just like his mama! Caleb will be starting football this weekend which he is of course pretty psyched about...as always!
My little man is in 2nd grade. I look forward to working with Josiah in reading. He is ready to read and excited to grow in this area. I am just praying for a lot of strength with this little guy. School is not his favorite so our days aren't easy...but they are worth it to watch him grow and use the creative mind that God has blessed him with. He didn't want to play any sports this fall but always looks forward to our field trips.
My eager 1st grader! Hannah Grace is ready to read! She's been ready and is always picking up books to try to read to her little brother. She loves all her school supplies and her own little desk. I have a feeling she is going to pick up on reading quickly because she is so enthusiastic about it. She also starts piano in a few weeks and can hardly wait!
Yup, my baby starts preschool this year. We got a curriculum for him with his own set of workboxes and he is already joining the big kids while they read and write. He loves telling people that he "does school"! Can you even stand the smile on his face!?!?
There they are...Mama Libby's class for 2014-2015. Looking forward to a wonderful year together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment