Sunday, May 4, 2014

Mount Vernon

As part of our DC trip, we visited George Washington's house.  This was very cool to see.  It has an amazing amount of land though the house itself looks bigger on the outside than it seems to be on the inside.  However, for that time period, I am sure it was a large house.  The house was quite narrow and it's hard to believe George Washington walked around it with his 
6' 2" self!  There were animals to see and it was interesting to see how he and his family lived there.  His tomb is also there so we got to see where he was buried...with 30 other members of his family at his request.  It was a great field trip!

 The Libbys and Thorsons in front of George Washington's House

 The backyard was huge and had an amazing view.  After a fun day at Mount Vernon with the kiddos, Mary and I got our girls night out at Clyde's...the BEST chocolate chip bread pudding EVER!!!  It was a super great night just being together to share our hearts...face to face instead of over the phone.  Love this girl!

 I just loved this statue when you walked in.  I tried to get Jonas to stand with them but that kid is on the move these days!!!

 The boys in front of the model home.

A friend of ours gave Caleb this shirt last year...it was only most appropriate to wear to Mount Vernon!  A great day to learn about a great man.

No comments: