So we finally got a chance to use the pass in February once my foot was on the mend. We went to the Christa Mcauliffe Museum in Concord, NH. I would be lying if I didn't say that this museum made me realize my age. You know you're getting older when there is now a museum after an event that you were a part of! I remember sitting in my third grade classroom watching the space shuttle Challenger take off...and watching it explode shortly thereafter. Christa Mcauliffe was the first teacher to go into space and she was from Concord, NH where she taught high school. She had planned to perform science experiments in space and teach 2 lessons to her students from there.
However, as much as the field trip made me feel a bit older than on most days, it was neat to be able to share more of the experience of it with my own children because I remembered it. They had fun at the museum and I look forward to more museum time this year as a family!
Josiah was lovin' seeing this jet!
Mama's little astronauts!
Space Cadets Caleb and Josiah!
This was one of the kids favorite exhibits (okay, it was mama's favorite too!) There was a whole section on earthquakes. They kids set up buildings using rods and wood blocks and then turned on the "earthquake" to see if their building was strong enough to withstand. We couldn't get Josiah out of the earthquake exhibit! It was the best thing to watch with him actually. He does not love school and learning is sometimes hard for him so watching him take all this in was a beautiful as his teacher and his mom.
Jonas was the official earthquake administer as he turned the button on and off. It only makes sense as he causes quite a few earthquakes as he walks his 2 year old self around these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment