Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy September

It is September.  For me, it's like January all over again...without the frigid weather!  But I love September for new beginnings, new ideas and well, I can't lie...apple crisp!  
So we have begun a new school and our fall happenings are in full swing.  We have 2 playing soccer, 1 playing football (hmmm...who could that be?) and 1 who is simply along for the ride!
  
 I can hardly believe I have a 3rd grader on my hands.  This is a big year for Caleb has his subjects are getting a bit harder and the workload a little heavier...we will be learning together!

 Josiah is excited to be in 1st grade this year.  He can't wait to be able to read!

 Yup, Little Miss Hannah has joined our class this year.  We are still working on the fact that not every school day is a party and she has to actually do her work but we will get there!

 So there you have it...Mommy's class for the 2013-2014 school year.

 Oh yes, and there's the student "along for the ride".  He is so far making our days a bit difficult to get through since he likes to be heard with screaming and yelling but we will find our routine and figure out how to incorporate a 22 month old into our school day...

 Caleb has been asking to play football for 2 years and is so excited to be playing this year.  He is playing flag football and LOVES it already!  He counts down the minutes until his next game or practice and this is one event I don't think he will let us be late for.

 Huddle up!  Caleb has a great coach.  We know him through a homeschool group and though he is super nice and has fun with the kids, he is still tough on them to help them get better and is passionate about teaching them the sport.  (Maybe he can teach me...I so don't get the game!)

 It's awesome to watch your kids be and feel part of a team.  Caleb is always cheering on his teammates when he is not in the game.  He is so engaged in the game. 

 Hannah's first time playing soccer.  She was happy to join the boys in the day of sports on Saturday.  It was so cute to be able to tie those shirts up on her!

 The girl in action!

Josiah playing for the second time.  He is playing really well and does his best to go after the ball.  He doesn't say too much about it but I do think he is enjoying it once again!

No comments: