Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Last week we celebrated Dave's birthday and the kids were so cute about it.  This was the first year they actually thought of their own gift ideas.  They love their daddy!

Caleb didn't even think about it... Beef Jerky it was for daddy!  Caleb loves it too! 

For weeks, Hannah has been whispering in my ear that she wanted to buy daddy pajama pants.  She just couldn't believe he didn't have pajama pants like hers.  She wanted ones with either flags or candy on them.  Well, we found plaid ones and we were lucky to even find those at this time of the year!  She was quite happy with herself.   

Josiah had his heart set on getting daddy a snowblower.  When I explained to him that it wasn't in the budget, he settled for getting a much needed new shovel.   

 The best part of Josiah's gift was that he wrapped it...the whole shovel.  When I first told him that we didn't need to wrap it, he was so disappointed because Hannah and Caleb got to wrap theirs.  I went with it.  I gave him the paper (yes, Christmas paper is all we had!) and tape and let him go for it.  He wrapped this shovel by himself and was so proud...as well he should be! I don't think I would have had the patience!

We took daddy to Cracker Barrel for his birthday dinner.  And he hates when the waitresses sing to him but I did it anyway...for the kids of course!

Friends of ours gave us a Light Bright.  The kids had it out for days and loved it.  But what's funny about the new Light Brights...the pegs come in together in 2, 3 and 4 pieces.  Not the like the old school days when you had to put in one peg at a time!  But they loved it just the same.

Hmmmm...could that be Dave Libby's son????  We are working on our basement and Caleb was happy to help daddy paint.   

1 comment:

Sharla said...

That dadgum Light Brite, dumbing down our children two, three, and four pegs at a time! ;-)