days $23 can't buy you much. You can't fill your tank...or even half your tank for $23. You can go to the movies but forget buying popcorn or even a drink! You can barely pay a baby-sitter for 2 hours with $23 and as my friend reminded me, you can't even take your family to McDonald's for $23 anymore!!! But you know what $23 did buy me this week...A PLANE TICKET! Yes, that's right. For the small charge of $23.10, Jonas and I will be heading to DC at the end of May to see my friend Mary. Her and her family recently moved to VA and I am more than excited that I get a chance to see her. I will only be for a couple days but I know those couple days will be precious. I look forward to meeting her youngest who is now over a year and for her family to meet Jonas.
Now I have gotten 2 questions with this amazing deal: #1-"That's one-way, right?" NO! That is round trip!!!
#2-"How did you do that?" My answer: DAVE! My sweepstake lovin' husband was checking his e-mail and came across a deal from JetBlue. It was a mystery deal from $20 to $500 off and our mystery was $100 off a plane ticket.
I am so excited and feel so very blessed to go on this trip. WOO-HOO!!! Just a couple more weeks Mary...
In other news, Caleb took his first communion last weekend. And yes, I cried. It has just been a beautiful thing to watch him get to this point. He really talked to me about it for a month or so and we decided he was ready. And he did so well. It's funny because when he was younger and would sit in the Christmas Eve service with us, he would say, "The grown-ups get snacks?" We have come a long way baby!
My Thirty-One business has been going well. I have this weekend off but have 2 parties next weekend and 3 lined up in June. Though I am still learning the ropes and getting things organized, I am enjoying it so far, earning some "extra" money and earning some great rewards from the company...they certainly have good perks!
The boys have started T-ball and they are on the same team which is great. So far the weather has held out for them so they haven't missed game and they are both doing super with it!
My handsome man on his communion day.
It was great to watch Caleb and Isaac take communion together. They are turning into such little boys!
And the celebration continued to a trip to Friendly's. Nothing says First Communion like a Happy Ending Sundae, right???
Jonas Rico at 6 months...already! The time is going by so fast with him. Here is a little 6 month bio:
He doesn't sleep through the night yet but is waking less at night and napping better during the day.
At about 5 1/2 months he started rice cereal and ate it like pro. Just this week we are starting fruits and veggies...so far, so good.
He is grabbing at EVERYTHING and putting it in his mouth.
He sleeps almost anywhere...your arms, stroller, car, wherever you need him too!
He can sit up with the support of the boppy but it won't be long before he does it on his own.
His brothers and sister can make him laugh like nobody's business!
He laughs when you change his diaper and it is the cutest giggle on earth.
He truly is a content baby unless he is tired or hungry. He really goes with the flow.
He truly is a content baby unless he is tired or hungry. He really goes with the flow.
The little man sucking on an apple for the first time. He was not too sure what to make of this new flavor.
We are in the process of a major bedroom overhaul for the kids. We are getting Jonas moved into Hannah's room. So far the crib and his dresser are up there but there a lot of moving around an organizing happening these. He is only napping up there right now since he still wakes at night to eat but Hannah is anxiously awaiting her full-time roommate.
.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!
A random picture of our little cowgirl...yes, she went to school just like this!
Here's what the kids think of my Thirty-One business. They took the boxes from my first couple of orders and turned it into a castle...painted and all!
3 comments:
Have fun on your trip....and great deal! Love the update!
LOVE the pix of Caleb and Isaac. It's really sweet. And... what a ham that Hannah is! Of course she went to school like that! lol
Love the cowgirl photo!! Can't wait to see you!!!! How many more exclamation points can I use?!?!
Post a Comment