Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Special Moments

There are moments and there are MOMENTS. This was one of those MOMENTS that I just had to share. About a year and half ago, my sister said my birthday gift wasn't ready yet but reassured me that the wait would be worth it. Months went by and I completely forgot about it. But it did come up occasionally and we would laugh about this "phantom gift" that she had for me. Everybody else in the family seemed to know about it except me and they all were convinced that I would love it.
After 11 years of marriage, I still didn't have a wedding album. My cousin was our photographer and she was just starting out and didn't put albums together at the time. Sure, I got all the photos from her, blew some up to the sizes I wanted, had some ideas spinning in my head of what I wanted it to look like and even managed to complete a couple of pages about our engagement. I thought for sure I would have it done by our 10th anniversary...not so much! Time went on, jobs happened, babies came, etc. and still no wedding album. Until July of this year...my sister put together my very own wedding album. Apparently Dave had given her all my pictures about 18 months ago and I hadn't even noticed. I only went to look for them one time when I was putting together a video for my grandmother's wake but when I coudn't find them, I just chalked it up to "pregnancy brain" and decided I would find them another time.
When I opened the gift I could barely read what was on the pages because my eyes were so flooded. I just couldn't believe someone would take the time to do that for me. It was truly one of the most precious gifts I have ever received. I have looked at it over and over and the kids have enjoyed looking at with me. Lauren is right...I probably never would have gotten around to that album until about 2029, when our baby was 18!!! Thank you Lauren for such a special gift and a special MOMENT.

Speaking of moments, I am hoping to enjoy a lot more special moments this week as we head to Cape Cod for a week long vacation. We never usually go that long on a trip and this one could not have come at a more perfect time. It is so needed right now. I am looking forward to unplugging, shutting off from work, relaxing, enjoying the beach and more importantly enjoying time with my family and my kids...that's right, all 15 of us in one house for a week! It's going to be so much fun! I will be sure to post pics when we get back. Have a great week everyone and I hope you enjoy your "moments" no matter how big or small...

2 comments:

Morgan Gagnier said...

That put tears in my eyes....what an awesome gift!!!

Shelley said...

Oh Wow! That is incredible. I am so excited for you. What a heartfelt gift.