On the last day of school we went for ice cream and came up with this list. We have tackled many of these fun things already and are looking forward to more adventures over the next few weeks. This pretty much explains why my blog posts are so far and few in between. I will catch up through pictures.Dave's parents came out to visit for a week. It was such a great visit. The weather was perfect and we just really enjoyed our time with them and watching the kids enjoy time with them as well.
While Dave's parents were here, they did an amazing amount of work in our yard. Karen helped me with my garden. We dug up lots of plants, weeded like crazy and planted some new plants. My daisies especially make me smile when I see them...Caleb was an unbelievable helper! He had those pruning shears and went to town! I just love this picture of him with his shirt working in the garden. Grandma even paid at the end of the week for helping so much...he was psyched! Dave and Dick tore up the bushes in front of our house. For those of you who know our house, you wouldn't even recognize our house because you can see it now!
No, we didn't make them work the whole time they visited! In between all the hard work in the yard, we spend some nice quality time together. The kids went to the park with Dave and his parents and then Dick and Karen took all the kids to Chuck E. Cheese which is always a big hit in our house!
Grandma really enjoyed seeing all that Caleb learned this year and especially loved listening to him read to her.
Caleb barely left Gracie's side whenever he was awake. But he did realize it wasn't easy having a dog...hopefully that will put his puppy desires aside for awhile.Both boys got a chance to play tee-ball for about 8 weeks. They only played once a week and we couldn't believe how much they picked up on in such a short amount of time. Their coaches were so great at teaching them new skills and making them comfortable on the field. I think we have 2 little baseball players on our hands...at least for now!
Josiah was so excited to be playing because he was so sad when Caleb got to play soccer in the fall and he didn't. Josiah did great! He was especially good at hitting and really enjoyed being on a team.
I don't know why but this picture just cracks me up. He looks too little to play but he does so well!
Caleb got really good at catching the grounders. He had such a great coach. He was so patient with the kids yet wasn't afraid to challenge them even though they were young.
Caleb was so proud of the trophy too. He was excited to add it to his collection...right next to his soccer trophy. We were excited for him.
And what is happening with little Miss Hannah??? That girl has more personality than I really know what to do with. She wears me out. Ever since we took her binky away in April, bedtime has been a battle. One night I turned the hall light on to go check on the kids and this is what I found at the top of the stairs. That girl will crash anywhere I guess! No, I didn't leave her there but I certainly needed a picture before putting her into her bed.Caleb thought it would be fun to hit the ball off the water. Creative actually!




2 comments:
You guys have been busy! I am looking forward to Daniel trying out soccer this year, and looks like T-ball would be a fun sport to try as well. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Sounds like such a fun summer. I love your big "bucket list". I miss you guys so much.
ps. Pregnancy looks good on you. You look gorgeous.
Post a Comment