Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Patriach

5 weeks since my last blog. There are many pictures to post and fun things to share but that is just not where my heart is right now. Yes, the hustle and bustle of the season has kept me from blogging but more recently has been the loss of my grandfather. He went to be with Jesus on Saturday and my heart is sad. My Grandma's heart is sad. My family's hearts are sad. But we know he is in heaven without pain, tears, suffering or wrinkles (as Caleb tells us!). I was young when I lost my grandparents on mom's side so this is really the first loss in my life and what a loss it is. So many came to show their respect to my grandfather and his family. It was amazing to see family, friends and even patients of his come to say goodbye. As one of my dad's cousins put it, he was The Patriach of our family...he truly was. He led our family in more ways than he probably even realizes through his time spent with family, through his support and through his actions of simply being good to everyone around him. Words still can't express the pain that our family is walking through but words also can't express the joy in knowing that he is with Jesus.
So, yes there are still Christmas cards to be sent, presents to be bought and wrapped, outfits to be coordinated and agendas to be planned but for now, I miss my Papa...

January 6, 1914 - December 11, 2010

2 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Tearing up now.

Shelley said...

I can't imagine how much your hearts are hurting. I tear up every time I see a picture or read anyone's comments, blogs, or Christmas letters.
I didn't get to spend a lot of time with your papa, but it will come as no surprise that he was very kind to me every time. Your family is family to me, so I am feeling a small part of the loss and my heart breaks for your whole family.
I love and miss you all very much.