We learn lots of things about ourselves as we get older. I've learned that I like to write when I have a lot on my plate. I don't know...maybe it's helps me clear my head or maybe it is just because I need to procrastinate a little longer...either way, I write. My sister's wedding is tomorrow and I am ecstatic about it!! I can hardly wait to see my baby sister walk down the aisle. But while there is a "toast" to be put down on paper and a schedule to be finalized and a few last minute items to be packed....I write. I so love family weddings but this one has certainly been the most involved with all 5 of us being in the wedding and being the wedding coordinator. Needless to say, it's been a busy week. So I feel like writing, I decided I would announce our latest "Libby NewsFlash". A friend of my who blogs has a blogging friend who's title is "We're Going to Homeschool". I never thought in a million years that a title like that would apply to our family but it does! After much prayer and thought, we have decided to homeschool Caleb next year for Kindergarten. The distance to Mt. Hope is just getting to be a lot with 3 little ones. The days are long for us, nevermind the kids! And I don't see Caleb going 5 days when he sometimes struggles with going 3 right now because it is so long of a drive. In the fall and spring, it's not so bad but throughout the winter with the unpredictable weather, it isn't fun for our family. I checked out some other avenues but this one seems to be best for us right now. Some logistics? Yes, I will continue to work 2 days a week and my mother has so kindly agreed to watch Caleb on those days. Most curriculums are 4 days so we work intently on the 3 days I am home and he will work on one project or activity with my mom. Josiah will still go to preschool at Mt. Hope 3 days a week and I think that will be great for him. Caleb grew so much from the 2 years he has gone to preschool and I think Josiah will do the same. I am excited and nervous about this change all at the same time and though it may not be the norm around us, I it is best for our family right now. Recently, my brother preached a message and he was in character as Pilate and one thing Pilate taught us was "If you know something is right to do, you do it no matter what the crowds around you say." I held onto that as were making our decision.
So after the wedding I will spend some time researching curriculum and focusing on our schedule for the fall but for now...there is a toast I MUST get written.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am trying out your system of marking down when the kids listen, or don't listen, and make a reward that is reasonable. I think it is similar to what you did, and so far it is working like a charm. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I am excited about your homeschooling decision, and excited to see how God leads you to do it with your family!
Post a Comment