I have been wanting to do this for awhile with the kids and I finally just grabbed a piece of paper and went for it after one more frustrating morning of getting the kids dressed so we could get out the door. I have been wanting to choose a verse and write it down in the house so that the kids are aware of it throughout the week. Well, last week we went with Phil. 2:14. "Do everything without complaining or arguing." Simply put. I put it on the frig with a happy face and a mad face and we had a race to see who would win. I am happy to report that the happy face won! There was a still a bit of complaining and arguing but by the end of the week, the boys had the verse memorized and understood what it meant. Although, Josiah has his own paraphrase, "Do everything without whining..." Good enough! I was so excited about this and I don't why it took me so long to get started with it. I think the next verse we tackle will have something to do with how we treat each other...I wonder why with 2 boys so close in age...

This was so adorable. Before they went to sleep, I showed them the verse in the Bible and told them we would write it down and hang it on the frig. They loved the idea and Caleb wanted to read the Bible more before bed. By the time I went up 5 minutes later, he was asleep. How adorable is this!

Here is our sign and YES, I am well aware that I spelled "arguing" wrong. I didn't really care. I just wanted to get this thing started. I can now just say to them, "What is our verse this week?" and it completely changes their attitude towards whatever we are doing. And I remind them that it's not my rule but God's.

Ok, this is totally random but hilarious! A friend gave us some dress up clothes and Hannah wants this tutu on all the time and today she was set on wearing the construction hat too. I couldn't stop laughing!
As I am posting this blog I should be finishing up packing. Dave and I head for Florida tomorrow to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We have been planning this trip for a couple of years now and I can't believe it's finally here. We were sick as dogs on our honeymoon in Florida so we said that we would go back for our 10 year anniversary and here we are! The kids are going to be with my mom (thank you, thank you, thank you mom!!!!) and we are looking forward to some time of relaxation and just enjoying each other's company. We certainly don't get enough of that right now. I just want to sink my toes into the sand for awhile.... I know we will miss the kiddos but I know we need this time to recharge our batteries! I made a little gift for Dave for our anniversary. Check it out and I will post again when we return from our trip!
http://animoto.com/play/r3qDzYomyxlpi4zv7sbrNw?autostart=true
1 comment:
LOVE the video!! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Post a Comment