I believe birthdays are a BIG DEAL! You take a birthday to celebrate a life that means something to you. You celebrate how they bless your life, another year that they have been a part of your life and you celebrate the year to come. I like to be sure that the day is special, that we do something on the actual birthday if possible and the person feels special. Dave feels differently. He doesn't care either way if we do anything for birthdays or if he gets any gifts or any of that. So it is my job to see to it that he is celebrated. And this year, I believe I did a pretty good job. Dave has NEVER been ice skating (which is so surprising to me since he is from Illinois and not California!) so I took him ice skating in Boston on Frog Pond. Yes, the same Frog Pond ice skating trip we attempted on our anniversary last year. For those of you who missed that ordeal, click here-
http://lifewiththelibbys.blogspot.com/2009/03/plan-b.htmlAnywho, Dave did great. He didn't fall once! I haven't been ice skating since I was a kid so I had a really good time too. After skating we went to Fire and Ice restaurant. I swear we are 2 of the last people on earth to go to this place and I wish we had gone sooner...it is so fun! And it was absolutely delicious. It was the perfect place for 2 picky eaters to go :)

I know, it's not MY birthday but HELLO, it is a frog and I certainly needed my picture taken with him.

Dave did so great at skating! This will be fun to take the kids someday.

Dave and I on Frog Pond. The weather was beautiful!

Dave waiting on his food at Fire and Ice. The way it works is you put it all together in a bowl and they put it on this giant grill for you and cook it right there with the sauce you like. Now can't you see how perfect it is for the picky eaters??? We could put on or
not put on whatever we wanted!

Me and my birthday man at Fire and Ice...both VERY full from a great lunch!

Ok, this was random. There were squirrels all over in the Commons in Boston. Then we found out why. Some lady was hand feeding them peanuts! Not that I would ever get this close to a squirrel but it was cool to see how close they were coming to us. (No, this is not my hand...I'm not that crazy!)
You know, I had planned on this blog post right after we celebrated Dave's birthday. I wanted to post about how important I think birthdays are and how important I think it is to celebrate a person's life. This past weekend my close friend lost her mom suddenly. Her mom was much too young to lose her life and my friend is much too young to lose her mom. It made me even think more of this whole birthday idea. We never know what tomorrow brings so we need to be sure to celebrate today...whether it be a special day like a birthday or anniversary or any other ordinary day. We need to be sure the ones we love know they are a BIG DEAL and they need to be celebrated.
Friend, my heart is breaking for you and I have not stopped praying for you this week...
1 comment:
You ARE the last 2 people on earth to go to Fire and Ice!! Sounds like a great day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!
Post a Comment