Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bye Bye Binky

Josiah at 19 months with one of his best friends...Binky.

Well, it is a rite of passage for every toddler, right? Josiah's rite of passage came this week. He has this little pocket on his bedrail that we have been encouraging him to put his binky when he gets up from a nap or in the morning. Sometimes he did it and sometimes he wouldn't. Wednesday morning he wouldn't so Dave told him he was going to have to throw it away if he didn't put it in his pocket. Josiah decided that HE would be the one to throw it away and so he did. He opened the trash, threw it in, said "bye, bye binky" and shut the trash. And that was that...until naptime at school that day. Josiah certainly did not understand the consequences of his actions. I had a spare binky but knew if I brought it, we would be taking a couple steps backwards so I left it at home (and threw it away when we got home). Apparently, Josiah was "demanding" his binky and took a VERY long time to go to sleep. It has been a hard week for him. He asks for it before nap and before bed, takes a lot longer to fall asleep and once in awhile I catch him getting a couple of sucks out of one of Hannah's binkies. I serious think the kid is having withdrawals! So pray for the little man that he will do better in the upcoming week and if any knows of a "binky patch", I think this kid could use it!

No comments: