Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vacation - Part 1

I am unable to post pictures right now but I at least wanted to let you know that we are having a great vacation! Hershey Park was so much fun on Monday. The kids had a blast going on all the rides and playing in the water park. It was such a wonderful feeling for Dave and I to watch our kids faces light up with excitement with each new ride (or each piece of chocolate they ate!). It was a day filled with moments that reminded you what true joy really was. Watching our kids filled with happiness filled our hearts with joy. After a day at Hershey on Monday, we continued on about 4 hours while the kids (quickly!) fell asleep. We got to Dave's parents on Tuesday about 3:30. We were definitely thankful that we knocked out those 4 hours the night before. The kids were unbelievable on the trip...and I mean that in a good way. We stopped every couple of hours to let the kids run, go potty, check diapers, eat and of course get a treasure from their treasure buckets! They watched movies, we played games, they slept and we really had fun together. Yes, there were crabby moments (for all of us!) but honestly the last 15 minutes of the ride were the worst. Hannah was screaming and the boys had just woken up from a nap a bit cranky. But once we reached Grandma and Grandpa's house, everybody was just fine. I can't say that I'm not nervous about the ride home since we don't have anything exciting planned like Hershey. I am just praying for a quick, safe and fun ride home and that the kids do just as well as they did on the way out here. As far as being at Grandma's house, we have been having a really fun and relaxing time playing outside (yes New England, I found the sun..it's in Illinois!), watching fireworks, playing games and just hanging out together. As I update this the boys are off fishing for the first time with daddy and Grandpa. Don't worry, I made sure Dave took the camera. So, for now I will sign-off. I will post pictures in parts because I'm sure there will be a lot to post. But I just wanted you to know we are safe and sound and thoroughly enjoying our vacation.

2 comments:

Morgan Gagnier said...

I like the treasure idea, I will have to compare notes in the fall when we drive down to VA. Thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Shelley said...

I love the treasure idea, too. Glad you're having a good vacation. Hope you have a great trip home. To makeup for not having Hershey on the way back, try making a big deal out of the pit stops...act like every stop is a great adventure you planned just for them.