Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Caleb

It's hard to believe that Caleb turned 4 today. Where does the time go???? Just in the last few months, he has turned into such a little boy. I can hold conversations with him and we can work on projects together. When did that happen? He is an amazing little boy in our lives and we are so blessed to be his parents. We've had a fun time celebrating this week with him. This morning when he came into wake me up, he asked for breakfast (as usual) and I said "Happy Birthday!". He just looked at me with wide eyes, "It's my birthday!". He had totally forgotten from the night before. I told him he was 4 and he could hardly believe it. "I'm 4 and I'm going to tell everybody!". So then I asked what he would say when people asked him how old her was. He said, "I'm going to say like this, I'm not 3 anymore, I'm 4!". So as soon as he saw Josiah and Hannah this morning, that's what he said, "Siah, I'm 4!". And here is another one for the books. Last night when I was giving the kids a bath, we were talking about birthdays and Caleb said, "I'm going to be 4 forever!" I went on to tell him no, he would have to 5, then 6, then 7, etc. And he stopped for a minute and said, "That's a lot of birthdays and a lot of cake. I think I might get a belly ache." I guess I should explain he has a year to recoop. That's our Caleb...always thinking about how much cake will be consumed!!! Now that the birthday party is over, onto a campout with friends tomorrow...trying to soak up the summer while we can. I'll have pics!

On Monday night, we celebrated Auntie Lauren's birthday and Caleb's birthday since they are only 3 days apart. WOW, you wouldn't think Lauren was ONLY 28, look at the fire on that cake!

A perfect gift for his birthday party or as Caleb referred to his birthday, "Diego Day".

Though there were a few sprinkles of rain for awhile, the kids got to play outside in the pools and sprinklers.

Having the kindergarten teacher blood in me, there had to be a craft. The boys made binoculars to have like Diego. They had fun!

Auntie Lauren once again did a fabulous job on the cake.

Isaac tried to help Caleb blow out the candles. Caleb was sure to tell Isaac that he blew them all out himself!

Perfect gift...a Diego Cave Rescuer.

Luke's mommy made Caleb this really cool shirt. She is so good at these. She is also the one that made the boys travel bags for the trip. Thanks Tiff!

Welcome to the "4" Club!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

You have such cute kids. Tell Caleb that David turned 8 weeks old on his birthday. I'm looking forward to David having birthday parties...they're so much fun when they"re little.

Mary Thorson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY handsome man!!! Yous till have Anna's heart. Looks like a fun birthday. Wish we could have been there!

Nonna said...

Sandra I loved the pictures and the videos. I am sitting in MV on the boat and realizing how much I miss the kids. As I saw Karen with the kids I know how blessed we are to have them all here, but I also see how blessed you are to have wonderful in-laws and the kids having two sets of grandparent that love them so much. I am so happy Karen and Dick got to spend more time with them this summer. God had certainly blessed us all. Love you lots. You are a great mother.