Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two Weeks and Counting

It's hard to believe we are only 2 weeks from our road trip. The destination is Streator, IL to see Dave's family but we will stopping at Hershey Park on the way to break up the trip and have some fun along the way! We have been busily preparing for the trip. I am a list lady so this weekend we have made the budget list, the packing list and the most stressful...what needs to be done before we leave. This weekend we also had a yard sale...a treasure hunt. We made about $90 but the best part of the day was meeting our neighbors. Many came by to introduce themselves and see who we were! There are a lot of school-age kids in our neighborhood but not a whole lot of preschoolers or toddlers. But at the yard sale I met one woman who had 2 kids the same age as mine plus she is due again in July. It was really nice to meet her and our kids played together for awhile in the backyard. She is also a pediatric nurse so we had some good conversation. It was so nice to meet those around us. We were also happy with the money we made and today we used it to buy Josiah's next car seat so that we can move Hannah up to his. Dave put all the seats in for how they will be for the trip. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Now that they yard sale is over, I can focus on the trip again. I am getting things ready for the list and just trying to get things in order for the big day. Caleb is getting excited because he is starting to have a sense of time so he realizes it is coming soon. He can't wait! He finished school this week and he had his program. No he didn't sing but boy was he cute! Here are some pictures of it. Have a great week everybody!

We had a smile and I thought maybe we'd get a song since he'd been singing them all week long at home...

Not so much. He just kept looking down. Later he told us he just wanted us there and not all those people. I think a little stage fright set in...

All smiles after the show!

This is Caleb with his teacher, Mrs. Sullivan. She has so much love for the kids and she gave Caleb a wonderful first experience in school. He learned so much and whenever you asked him how he knew something..."Mrs. Sullivan told me."

One year of school down...and so many more to go... I'll have to save this picture and put it next to his high school graduation picture someday...

2 comments:

One Picky Family said...

At least he didn't cry... Good job on the yard sale.

Shelley said...

Wendy's right and at least he stayed on stage. He looks so big. I can't believe he and Isaac are pre-school graduates already. I remember when they were born. Boy have all of our lives changed since we met.